Daily Check in Oct 10, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Oct 10, 2018

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning friends,

A work from home day today. So relaxing a bit until it is time to log into work. I am happy with y hair cut. the length is shorter and it is embracing y waves/curls.

Not much else is going on with me.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Dgflorida

Re: Daily Check in Oct 10, 2018

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning all,

My thoughts are with the people of north Florida facing a cat 4 hurricane this morning.

Here, we may get the edge of one rain band and a breeze. Son called last night and wanted to make sure we were safe. We assured him we were.

Today includes hubs doctor appointment. My eyes feel pretty normal this morning. They did a double dilation for their quarterly full retinal exam on Monday and my vision was fuzzy the rest of the day and into Tuesday. This injection left my eye sore most of Tuesday. I used the down to discuss global warming with some British guy. The newest report says we have to stop all coal use and most of petroleum use immediately to save the world. Well, people are not going to do it, so I said we had better find ways to adapt to a warmer world. The British guy said this was all President'Trumps fault. I pointed out that China is the world's biggest polluter and India is racing to be second, but to him it is all Trump's fault. Most Trump haters seem unable to write or speak without excessive expletives. Well, it was an interesting way to waste time.

Today will be an inside day. A good time to get paperwork done. And we have ballot issues to discuss. There are many amendments on the ballot this year.

Normal frugal here. The Trump hater said that government should solve the global crisis. I am always puzzled how they expect government to wave a magic wand and it is all fixed. Well, until the magic happens I will continue to be frugal. I reduce energy use by turning off the coffee pot after it brews. The coffee stays hot enough. Same with cooking. I let residual heat finish the food. I recycle water and use cloth wipes and rags. Recycle and repair clothes. Keep the house temperature in the 80's in the summer and 60's in the winter. Buy as little as possible.

Today, I am grateful that I don't hate anyone or anything. Hate drains people of happiness and makes their lives miserable. Have a good day all.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I think I may be coming down with a cold. I am stuffy and have the sniffles. No cough as of yet, but a sore throat and slightly sore ear. Something to talk to the doctor about (though there isn't much they can do for a good old cold, that I can't do here at home).

I plan on writing out a few questions for this doctor this morning, and going from there. I have a funny feeling that next time she sees me it will be for a full physical examination..... Not really looking forward to it, but I guess it has to be done at some point.

I did get some of my chore list for today completed yesterday, so things are looking up a bit today. I am hopeful of completing todays list even with this morning's appointment.

I started pinning my binding to oldest DS's Christmas quilt and I am about 16" short. I will rummage through my bias tape and binding box, but have a feeling I will need to purchase some. I may use some of my allowance today to actually do just that as I would like to finish this off this afternoon if possible. Then I can sew the Hubby's robe (his Christmas gift from me). This would actually get me almost finished the gift sewing (just some requested rice bags to make up), leaving just the knitting to accomplish. Could I actually be finished a week or so before the event??? I sure hope to be.

The usual frugal happenings will be occuring here. I will continue with my quest to spend less, use up more, have less waste, and recycle where and what I can. Interestingly enough unless Hubby gets bored, he is usually right with me on everything I plan and do to encourage us to spend just a bit less. Getting difficult to do what with the monthly costs of various bills rising (getting letters saying things will be going up as much as $2 a month for some, others much more). We will need to find a happy medium shortly for various packages we have. Perhaps when Hubby gets a new mobile phone we will rid ourselves of our landline and just use our mobile phones.... I will have to see what that will cost in comparison to what we have now and whether it will impinge on our internet rate.

So a few tweeks will be necessary to the budget next year and then we will be back on track.

As of yesterday I had 8 no spend days and 2 allowable spend days. I also used up a bag of frozen turkey making supper last night. Of course there are leftovers of last nights meal, but those will be eaten tomorrow.

Supper tonight will be the container of leftover soup from the fridge freezer. Along with some egg salad sandwiches and some pudding for dessert.

Today I am grateful for the city still trying to attract doctors to practice here. I do hope they continue to do so. We now have two walk in clinics. One is from 7 until 9 every week night in the clinics attached to the hospital as well as Sundays during the same time period. The other is at another clinic on the other side of town and it takes place on Saturdays from 9 to 12.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Dgflorida wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:53 am Good morning all,

My thoughts are with the people of north Florida facing a cat 4 hurricane this morning.

Here, we may get the edge of one rain band and a breeze. Son called last night and wanted to make sure we were safe. We assured him we were.

Today includes hubs doctor appointment. My eyes feel pretty normal this morning. They did a double dilation for their quarterly full retinal exam on Monday and my vision was fuzzy the rest of the day and into Tuesday. This injection left my eye sore most of Tuesday. I used the down to discuss global warming with some British guy. The newest report says we have to stop all coal use and most of petroleum use immediately to save the world. Well, people are not going to do it, so I said we had better find ways to adapt to a warmer world. The British guy said this was all President'Trumps fault. I pointed out that China is the world's biggest polluter and India is racing to be second, but to him it is all Trump's fault. Most Trump haters seem unable to write or speak without excessive expletives. Well, it was an interesting way to waste time.

Today will be an inside day. A good time to get paperwork done. And we have ballot issues to discuss. There are many amendments on the ballot this year.

Normal frugal here. The Trump hater said that government should solve the global crisis. I am always puzzled how they expect government to wave a magic wand and it is all fixed. Well, until the magic happens I will continue to be frugal. I reduce energy use by turning off the coffee pot after it brews. The coffee stays hot enough. Same with cooking. I let residual heat finish the food. I recycle water and use cloth wipes and rags. Recycle and repair clothes. Keep the house temperature in the 80's in the summer and 60's in the winter. Buy as little as possible.

Today, I am grateful that I don't hate anyone or anything. Hate drains people of happiness and makes their lives miserable. Have a good day all.
I don't know - to me you seem so tense all the time. Well when you post. I read all that you do to save money or not waste and it is just too much work. Relax a bit. How much longer do you have on this earth. It is only two of you. How much waste can you even produce. Relax a bit.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

The sun is out this morning and it is nice and cool. Going out for the usual breakfast.

Then who knows. My car seems to be okay. The guy didn't find anything wrong with it when he hooked it up to the whatever. He test drove it and nada.

But I am enjoying driving the new rental. But will resist the urge to buy new.

The boys let me sleep in a bit. One cup of coffee down and will start getting ready in a bit.

Have a great day
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I think my kitchen sink plumbing leaks are fixed. i hope so. I put a plastic container under where the very slow leak was. Over night there was no water in the container. so I think it is safe to put my stuff back.

Before I put it back I am going through the bin to see if there is anything I can get rid of. Also to see if there is anything I need to replace.

I hop to get caught up on the sorting I was doing in the kitchen. I also need to do some filing.

Penny