COLA INCREASE FOR SOCIAL SECURITY 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: COLA INCREASE FOR SOCIAL SECURITY 2019

Post by floridacatlover »

I’m not on SS or Medicare yet but saw this story on CNBC. Sounds like Medicare is not going up much so I hope you all get most of your SS increase.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/12/2019-me ... ibles.html
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

floridacatlover wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:07 pm I’m not on SS or Medicare yet but saw this story on CNBC. Sounds like Medicare is not going up much so I hope you all get most of your SS increase.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/12/2019-me ... ibles.html
Florida Cat.. Sorry I did not see this before posting my topic. I have been so busy on line did not read your update until now.. Thanks for the information.. I could have saved myself a lot of time and trouble if I had read this first.lol. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

alliesmama4 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:05 pm Woo hoo a 2.8 % increase! I know it is not much but every little penny helps. Janet Alliesmama
Note to self do not get too excited until you do the math.. With the increase in my SS and with the fact that I have lost medicaid I will now be getting about $85.00 less per month plus will be paying extra out of pocket for what Medicare does not cover... so.... I will be doing a lot of rearranging in my budget and cutting things to the bone even more than they are now.. Not to mention the increase in my SS may soon exclude me from qualifying for my inhome care aide. I need to talk to my nurse to see if they have changed the income guidelines. Stop the world I want to get off. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Part B Premiums going up $1.50 a month.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

alliesmama4 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:28 pm
alliesmama4 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:05 pm Woo hoo a 2.8 % increase! I know it is not much but every little penny helps. Janet Alliesmama
Note to self do not get too excited until you do the math.. With the increase in my SS and with the fact that I have lost medicaid I will now be getting about $85.00 less per month plus will be paying extra out of pocket for what Medicare does not cover... so.... I will be doing a lot of rearranging in my budget and cutting things to the bone even more than they are now.. Not to mention the increase in my SS may soon exclude me from qualifying for my inhome care aide. I need to talk to my nurse to see if they have changed the income guidelines. Stop the world I want to get off. Janet Alliesmama
Would going to a Medicare Advantage plan work better for you?
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

LogicsHere wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:31 am
alliesmama4 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:28 pm
Would going to a Medicare Advantage plan work better for you?
No. I have a rare inherited form of ALS. It is mild and not life threatening but as soon as an agent hears ALS they tell you they cannot insure me. It is considered like a terminal disease even though mine is not. When I checked in to a supplement that did not have ALS on their list of diseases I am also denied due to having a Drs. diagnosis of needing my left shoulder joint and right ankle joint both needing total replacements. Medicare is my best bet and I will just have to try to work out my medical needs the best way that I can. If I was new to medicare I think it is different but since I have been with medicare since 2003 the other insurance companies can deny me. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama