Eugenie's tiara for the win!

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ohjodi

Eugenie's tiara for the win!

Post by ohjodi »

My gosh, she wore a stunning Emerald tiara (borrowed from the queen), slim emerald drop earrings, and no veil.............WOW, truly beautiful.

Her dress was just gorgeous.....it suited her perfectly, and was very well fitted.

Shame on me for comparing two brides............but Eugenie wins, IMO!
ohjodi
Dgflorida

Re: Eugenie's tiara for the win!

Post by Dgflorida »

She is a lovely young woman. I wish her well. As I recall, her parents had a rather stormy marriage. I hope hers is better.
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

Dgflorida wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:14 am She is a lovely young woman. I wish her well. As I recall, her parents had a rather stormy marriage. I hope hers is better.
Andrew and Sarah have been living together forever. They never really separated after their divorce. I think they'll remarry once Prince Phillip passes away.
ohjodi
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

The tiara is the Grenville Emerald Kolosnik tiara according to a tweet by Order of Splendor. It was a gift to the Queen by Mrs. Greville in 1942.

I liked Eugenie’s gown but was not wild about the wide lapel-look neckline. I prefer Meghan’s gown.

I only watched from the time of the arrivals to part way through the ceremony because lazy me was watching from my iPod Touch in bed. Gotta love technology. I will watch more later on YouTube.

Jodi, do you follow anyone on Twitter? It’s fun. Some good ones to follow are Rebecca English (royal correspondent for the Daily Mail), Victoria Murphy (was correspondent for the Mirror but I believe she has left there), Clarence House and Kensington Palace.

You know Harry and Meghan are leaving on a 16-day trip to Australia, New Zealand, Figi and Tonga. Should be fun to follow along. I will follow on What Meghan Wore.

The frivolity of following Kate and her fashions has given me some sunshine during a few times I’ve felt very down. And it is a frugal hobby! (As long as I don’t buy any Erdem or Alexander McQueen clothes)
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

I thought she looked absolutely beautiful and I loved the dress. Fergie looked good too and I know she may have been portrayed as "the wild one", but I always liked her to. I'm glad to know that she and Andrew are still good friends.

Just an observation. Everytime I see Charlotte she looks more and more like Queen Elizabeth, it's uncanny. Secretly, she must be thrilled to have a little clone. She is adorable.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

ohjodi wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:23 am My gosh, she wore a stunning Emerald tiara (borrowed from the queen), slim emerald drop earrings, and no veil.............WOW, truly beautiful.

Her dress was just gorgeous.....it suited her perfectly, and was very well fitted.

Shame on me for comparing two brides............but Eugenie wins, IMO!
I thought she looked stunning and emeralds are my favorite gemstone although I cannot afford them. I think her dress was more elegant than Meghans.. I saw on a TV program that she had an open back gown which was sending a message.. She has a long scar on her neck and upper spine due to having surgery for scoliosis when she was 12. It was something along the lines of allowing yourself to be ok with your body no matter what you are having to deal with.. Something along those lines. Anyway it was a positive thing that she did.

I too thought Fergie looked gorgeous. I had heard in the past that Andrew and Fergie live in the same house but on different floors in order to parent the girls.However "the girls" are no longer children. I think they are still together in some way..Sad what happened in the marriage but who knows it took Charles and Camilla forever to get married so they may too after Prince Phillip is gone.. He really does not like Fergie due to her indiscretions. However it should be between Fergie and Andrew and no one else. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama