Daily check in October 20, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily check in October 20, 2018

Post by clemencia2us »

a friend of mine says she used CBD oil to help her sleep.

Places a drop or so under her tongue.

Personally, I would be afraid to try something like that without a prescription.
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

clemencia2us wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:31 pm a friend of mine says she used CBD oil to help her sleep.

Personally, I would be afraid to try something like that without a prescription.
Clem, that is my feelings exactly. I guess when it comes to anything going into my body I am over cautious. I have never liked medicines of any kind and I believe that people break down their immune systems by pumping themselves full of all this stuff that may or may not help. My Doctor knows how I feel and he is amazed, he says most of his patients are wanting a prescription of some sort on every visit for pain. I do like the natural essential oils, but anything to do with an oil that is found naturally in marijuana I will steer clear of.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

littlemiss63 wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:35 pm
clemencia2us wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:31 pm a friend of mine says she used CBD oil to help her sleep.

Clem, that is my feelings exactly. I guess when it comes to anything going into my body I am over cautious. I have never liked medicines of any kind and I believe that people break down their immune systems by pumping themselves full of all this stuff that may or may not help. My Doctor knows how I feel and he is amazed, he says most of his patients are wanting a prescription of some sort on every visit for pain. I do like the natural essential oils, but anything to do with an oil that is found naturally in marijuana I will steer clear of.
My new doctor is so happy that I am more than willing to try something rather than pills. We are working together through diet and exercise to try and reduce my cholesterol. I have a medical background but would never dream of recommending a regime to anyone else. They need to visit a doctor for recommendations not me.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Jackielou wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:48 pm
littlemiss63 wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:35 pm

My new doctor is so happy that I am more than willing to try something rather than pills. We are working together through diet and exercise to try and reduce my cholesterol. I have a medical background but would never dream of recommending a regime to anyone else. They need to visit a doctor for recommendations not me.
Jackie, I think you are so smart in trying diet before pills. You may have to have them, but at least you tried. I use to be a good samaritan when I could, but now I wouldn't attempt to do anything, but call 911 if I saw someone in trouble. I know personally of a friend right now that fell in his home and broke his back. When the EMT's were loading him on the stretcher he says they broke his arm and guess what? He hadn't been out of the hospital two days until he had contacted a lawyer.

I should have held my tongue, but I didn't. This couple lives in Nebraska and I ask him how in the world he could pursue such a lawsuit when his bones must be so brittle that a fall from a walking position could break his back? I ask him if they were rough handling him and he said no. Well, how does he know that the arm didn't break from the fall when his back did? He's got to live with himself, but personally I would have just been thankful someone was there to give me something for pain and get me to a hospital. I don't believe he's got a prayer of proving anything, but let him go for it. He may need help someday and want get it. I believe in karma, what you do in life comes back to bite you in the butt sometimes. It's all about money, and he doesn't even need their money.

In DG's situation, this neighbor is asking for free advice and if she should give the wrong information it could be very costly for her. I understand the desire to be helpful when you can, but when we are talking about health I would leave that to the pro's. I've gone to the Dr. with friends that needed transportation or someone to make sure they understood the Dr's instructions. However, all I do is record what the doctor says on my little tape recorder and write out the instructions for their record.
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Exactly Little Miss. I agree with everything. That is why doctor's carry malpractice insurance. Our state has a good samaritan law, but that won't stop someone from suing and costing you legal fees in order to enforce that law. I notice on You Tube a lot of the homesteaders talk about natural cures they use but they always state that they are not giving medical advice and are simply relating their experiences as they apply to themselves.