Daily Check In October 24, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ownedbydogs

Re: Daily Check In October 24, 2018

Post by ownedbydogs » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:44 am

BevMoore wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:45 pm
Well I tried posting and it just disappeared when I went to correct something. I really do wish the admins would fix this problem or find another platform. I recommend switching over to Delphi; it may be old but I have never had any or heard of any problems with it. Please consider this or more of us will get frustrated and leave. No I don't want to type on note pad and then copy and paste; I just want to post directly.

Bev
my problem is that I hate to read again what is replied to, when someone replies. And having to sign in every time. But since it is free, won’t complain too much.

ErinHuffstetler
Site Admin

Post by ErinHuffstetler » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:38 am

Hi guys, we think we've pinpointed the issue that some of you were having with the ads interfering with posting. So hopefully you'll notice a difference today.

We don't run pop up ads of any sort on the site (because frankly I hate them as much as anyone). So, if you're still seeing pop ups today, it may actually be the result of using an ad blocker to try to circumvent ads. You may want to try turning your blocker off temporarily to see if the pop ups go away.

If I could afford to run the site and forum ad-free, I would, but those ads are necessary to keep the site going. They pay for the ever-increasing costs of running the website and support our family. My husband and I both work on this website full-time.
Erin Huffstetler
Editor, MyFrugalHome.com

ErinHuffstetler
Site Admin

Post by ErinHuffstetler » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:11 pm

the number of pop ups is bloody madness. In the time it has taken to t this over times I have had over 30. hey frugal aaron, is this really how to run a frum by literally making it impossible to post ?????
Rinty, we don't run pop up ads on the site or forum, and never have. If you send us a message or an email we'll be happy to help you figure out what's causing the issue. In your case, it's possible that there's something going on related to the GDPR laws that the EU put into place earlier this year.

I do want to point out that no one has ever reached out to us -- by e-mail or direct message -- to raise any issues about ads, so it's rather difficult to address an issue that hasn't been brought to our attention. Often these issues are specific to a particular persons computer or browser, so letting us know allows us to troubleshoot. Simply raising the issue in a thread, is no guarantee that we'll see it, or have the information that we need to work through the issue.

And I would certainly hope that we could work through issues like these respectfully. I was disappointed to see you take my husband to task for the way he runs the forum. I wish you could see the number of hours he spends deleting spam, writing code and helping forum members. He and I spent many hours (and many dollars) this year ensuring that this forum was GDPR complaint, so that our EU readers could continue to use it. That's something we chose to do because we care about this community and about how this forum is run.
Erin Huffstetler
Editor, MyFrugalHome.com