Daily Check-In, Sunday, Oct. 28, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LWolfT

Daily Check-In, Sunday, Oct. 28, 2018

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning! Mid-40s and raining again.

Yesterday was a puttering day ... did finally order the storm door. Had to order the handle separately, and of course, I get a message that the handle is ready to be picked up now. The door, however, won't arrive for a couple of weeks.

Today, need to get some work in. Also plan to make a loaf of pumpkin bread (savory), to use some of the pumpkin from the freezer. Laundry's also calling my name ...

Not quite sure about dinner ... have chicken to use up, but also some leftovers that should be eaten, too.

floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check-In, Sunday, Oct. 28, 2018

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning.

Today I’m going to lunch with mom’s neighbor and her friend. We were supposed to do dinner earlier in the week but she was too tired. She has leukemia but it is in remission. Neighbor’s husband (retired firefighter) is up in the Panhandle helping with the hurricane recovery.

Movie night at my friend’s house was a lot of fun. The woman and her husband who has dementia did attend. He seemed better than I expected which is great. My friend’s husband has the “home theater” set up with an 80” TV and real theater seats. My friend got the seats at Rooms to Go so not that expensive. She made sure we all had popcorn.

Our weather is finally nice! Cool mornings and comfortable days. This morning the temp said 58 degrees! Wow.

So sad about the synagogue attacked yesterday as well as the pipe bombs sent to the prominent Democrats. Sad is not really the word, more like disgusted. I speak out on Twitter. But most important, I’ve voted.

Enjoy the day.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Another nice sunny chilly morning. Great coffee drinking weather

Plans for today are to eat turkey and dressing. But not at 0930!

That is the time they start serving plates. I guess to go, but still. :o

So I got an early text about what time we were going. I saw myself over there about noonish. Nope - have to go take them at 930!

Had an interesting evening. We usually go out to eat at one particular spot, but one friend decided she wanted to try something new. I being a person that want to be nice :mrgreen: , said I would go with. The others quickly said No and went to the usual place. I just wonder why can't they be social and try something new if someone wants to do something. See - i'm going for turkey at 0930 in the morning. I could have said NO!

Have a great day.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I agree Floridacatlover, I toss between horrified and disgusted as well over the pipe bombs and synagogue shooting. I just can not believe what our world is coming to. Glad you got out and voted.

Cooler morning temperatures make lovely sunrises. I could sit with my coffee and watch the sun peak above the horizon for hours. So many different colours painted across the sky.

Shania is acting strange again and not really eating. She nibbles the past couple of days but after about a week of eating like a pig to go back to being a nibbler is a bit concerning (I can not keep changing her food). I do have a couple of cans of different food that I will try her on once again perhaps a spoonful at a time.

Frugally speaking there will be no spending today. Hubby will be busy watching another football game and I will be busy continuing with getting those projects completed that I have started. I pulled some yarn for the next prayer shawl project, but don't plan on doing much knitting on that except when I am in the group. I will be busy doing those other projects.

The prayer shawl group is going well. We hope to have quite a few completed shawls by January when we want them blessed in front of the congregation. I am hoping that a few more people join us or that people are willing to support us by supplying yarn at some point. Buying out of pocket does get a bit expensive, and one can not always find knitted items at a thrift store that are suitable to be used (reminds me I should take a walk through the two we have here and see what there is). Much of the yarn I have been using has been in my stash for awhile and bought when on sale. I will be checking out Michaels next time we do our stock up, quite often I can find discontinued yarn on deep discount.

I finished the first mitt of the first pair and am about halfway through the second mitt. If this keeps up I should be able to finish all three pairs before the end of the month and that goal can be crossed off (or will start the month off with a finish almost immediately which will be good for the ego).

Supper tonight will be Roast beef, roasted potatoes, roasted carrots and a salad.

Today I am grateful that Hubby had a great time at the football game and enjoyed the win by the team.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good morning,

I have been to Mass and then stopped by and picked up a newspaper. I am craving soup. It has been cool, cloudy and rainy. I have not seen any recipes that have "floated my boat". I need to dig some more.

I was able to get my laundry done Friday while working from home. I should gt into the other bedroom an do more sorting/putting away. Maybe after I get back form lunch at Mom and Dad's.

Have a great day,
Maggie

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. We have a temp around 55 F and it will warm up nicely. However we have some wind right now and they are advising us to stay home since as the day goes on the wind will increase with wind gusts up to 45 mph which will make it dangerous for some vehicles to stay on the road.

Not much planned but some cooking. I will do something with some of the chicken breast I bought a while back.

My oldest DN called last night. She is coming in Nov for a week to visit. I have not seen her since 2013 when we all went to Mexico.. She does see my brother and SIL every year. She has a timeshare next door to their condo in Mexico. She has given me an open invitation to join her there each Spring but I am not up to traveling that far right now. She is close in age to me about 13 years apart and she really is my best friend. She has invited me to come to live with her in Arizona. She has a lovely home with an in ground pool. However I just cannot bring myself to live in the desert.. I do not like the climate or the style of housing.. I am strictly a 4 season and classic type house person. I want a yard with grass and trees. Any woo looking forward to her visit..

Have a good and frugal day.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama