Daily Check-In, Sunday, Oct. 28, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily Check-In, Sunday, Oct. 28, 2018

Post by Grannysewstoys »

My daughter just left, she took me over to my Walgreens as the one near me has one of 2 drug disposal boxes there. Unfortunately it was full. They only pick up every 2 weeks. So I need to wait and try again. There are only 2 in the city.

She rotated my mattress for me. I do need to finish making the bed.

The sheets are in the dryer. I do have more then one set of sheets.

I have towels to fold and put away and shortly I will have sheets to fold and put away.

Penny
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

I am also horrified by the continued, senseless hate and violence.
Beyond comprehension.
blondeinbuffalo

Post by blondeinbuffalo »

Good afternoon everyone! just checking in. its been a year since I went part time and semi retired and enjoying every minute of it. no regrets. next year health insurance will be paid so I can fully retire if I feel like it. it has been cold and rainy all day. good day to take a nap. hope all is well with everyone. cj
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good afternoon everyone,

Yet more cloud and rain today. It seems like it has been raining days on end but at least we haven't had problems with any flooding, etc. The rain has let up a bit so I think I will head outside for a walk. I always feel better afterwards. I did exercise this morning already, running up and down our stairs 15 times , which would be the equivalent of 30 sets of stairs since I went up two stories at a time. I also did my light weights. But still think I'll go for a walk. I see quite a few people out there- guess I'm not the only one with "cabin fever"!

Dh is changing the oil in my car so I'll just be home for today. I wasn't really planning on going out anyway.

Have had a relaxing afternoon so far and got engrossed in a good book for an hour.

Creative
rinty

Post by rinty »

Hey All,

Nice to read those of you who help out and people whose kids are helping them like Penny. Lovely to read good things when so much bad is happening in the world. A 97 yr old gets shot in a synagogue. If it was in a film you wouldn't believe it. I did see something good. A 15 yr old girl said afterwards she would now be a different Jew.. she had thought of anti-Semitism as something from the past. Very powerful.

FCL thinking of you coming up to your DM anniversary. Glad you are getting out. (((hugs)))

This weekend was a " If you do stuff, stuff gets done " weekend and I needed it. Kids are doing well, DGKs doing well. DD in laws very supportive which I am thankful for. sometimes you think you are the only ones helping out and its great to be proved WRONG. Amen. I need to drop some balls and itsa relief to see there are places where I can. Amen, again.

Had a lovely evening, big party with all extended family ( not DS but that is the reality ) really nice. and again, not down to me.

The universe is telling me to drop some balls it seems. ;) Yes, please.

Another week off work. Spending time with BIL and his family. GRinding through paperwork re DS. Possibly spending £800 re some legal stuff re him. Refusing to stress over that. If it must be done, it will be. We have money/savings/long term savings. That's what frugal means. Grandbaby care for two of our children. Gratefull that they ask. :) Pumpkin carving as DH adores it, hes very patient and will make very elaborate detailed designs which trick or treaters always rave over.

I've got a set of things ready for Halloween baking and some Halloween crafts. If I could get a hold of Libbys pumpkin I'd make some pumpkin and cream cheese bars but cannot find it for love nor money in our town :? . Can get it where we used to live..........far more cosmopolitan.

So a busy week of good and bad stuff ahead.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

yes - that poor 97 year old person - what a way to end their life. That was awful.

when i went to mass yesterday afternoon, i kept getting weird feelings. I think of what i would do if something like this were to happen. I'd make sure my family and friends on our row would take cover under the benches and try to take out the intruder. Crazy since i don't carry a weapon. Maybe i should?

Anyway another thing. This hating people of other nationalities. Do a DNA test people.

I am 6% Jewish. My mom is more. We are basically small/minute percentages of everything in the European and African continents. But mostly Native American.