Daily Check In November 9, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LWolfT

Re: Daily Check In November 9, 2018

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ...
Currently 36 and it's been raining a bit off and on.
My storm door is going up as I type this ... will be nice to have it in. (Though I will have to call for touch-up paint ... there's a small scratch in the door.)

So, cleaning up some work. (Looking into another contract job to possibly replace this one ... we'll see.) I may get that haircut today ... depends on how long the door takes.

Pork roast for dinner ... should warm the house up nicely.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

Woke up to a light snow fall. Ugh... too soon. I am glad that I "pulled up my big girl panties" yesterday and blew leaves away from the house. Still have the front yard to do but made a good start. I am resentful that I didn't get to enjoy the Fall color this year. Snow has melted off and it looks just cold and wet outside.

We have decided Thanksgiving plans for dad....Bob Evans and pie at home. I feel relieved that the decision has been made.
Have some housework to take care of this afternoon, supper will be takeout pizza. The youngest grand is coming to spend the night so that will keep me hopping, I am sure the glitter, glue and paint will make an appearance because she loves to "craft". I think some glittered up pinecones will get made. We will have fun no matter what we do.

I turned on my twinkle lights, they make me happy. Thinking I will give myself a manicure.
Off to get busy,
Have a great day all,
JCKitty
2dogs+someCats

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

Good Morning Friends. Yep, still morning. I slept in until after 7:00 this morning. It was very cold in the house when I got up. Put on robe and slippers, took dogs out, made coffee. And then...IT SNOWED! Big, fat, fluffy flakes falling fast and furious - it was pretty. I took Hope back outside because she LOVES snow -- Lucy not so much.

I went to the laundromat last evening to dry my sheets and blankets because I washed ALL of them yesterday. Then had supper with my parents. I did a LOT of painting around the house yesterday - the kitchen makeover is finally in the final stages. WHY is it that things always take so much longer than you think they will???

I have had a DELIGHTFUL "stay-cation" - have been very very busy every day with not as much "do nothing down time" as I had hoped for - but it has been good anyway. Little guy is spending the weekend with me. His father wanted to know could I keep him till Monday (Veteran's day - no work or school) instead of Sunday. NOPE. I CAN'T. I look forward to my time with him but I will NOT help out his father by acting as "babysitter".

We will come to the Library tomorrow so he can read to the dogs. Then we have to take a trip out of town to hit Walmart. I can't believe that in a town as big as the one I live in that there is NO PLACE to buy that fluffy white stuff that you use as filling when re-covering kitchen chairs (sorry, I know it has a name - don't know what it is).

I am off - I need to get some "kid friendly" movies from the library for the weekend. I am working very hard with little guy to get him to entertain himself sometimes. My parents got him some age appropriate color books and gel pens, markers, colored pencils for his birthday. I am hoping between those and some movies to have him spend some time NOT glued to me. I LOVE spending time with him but sometimes I "Need a Minute" - know what I mean?

Have a great weekend everyone.
rinty

Post by rinty »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:14 am Hello all,

I'm subbing again today, the 5th in a row. This teacher has 1st hour prep and I'm sitting here trying not to fall asleep (or maybe I should allow myself a short nap? I also Sub every day next week of school M-Th, no school Friday as it's end of Trimester. Then I sub the following Tuesday (and am praying for a last-minute fill-in job for Monday Nov 19th), then school is out 3 days for Thanksgiving break, then I sub the following 2 days for a teacher at High school. IF I got a job on that Monday, then I'd have my 10+ days in a row and get paid at the higher rate... but maybe I just need to enjoy the extra break from crazy students too. ;)

I slept badly last night... this time change is wrecking havoc on my already poor sleep habits; but I'm grateful for having been able to attend my Self-reliance class at church last night -- those people have become some of my dearest friends because we've shared sooo much with each other, and I often find myself praying for them.

Dd5 had 2 meltdowns this morning, one each for hair bows & clothes. *sighs* That adds more to my exhausted feeling (I may run out to my car & get a caffeine tablet just to be awake enough to get to 2nd hour... once kids are in class, then my adrenaline ratchets up enough to wake me up). Ds16 also overslept and was late to his early morning wrestling practice, at least we didn't have to listen to his grumbles for long.

Gayle, quite seriously, you are overdoing it.
If you are exhausted as you say, you can't go on like this. Little DD meltdowns may well be part of that.

I know you feel under a lot of pressure to be an earner but not at any price.

((((HUGS)))). You should restrict your days to 2 or 3 days a week , maximum to give yourself time to breathe.

(((HUGS))) once more.

It was 15*F when I got home from taking ds16 to high school... BRRR!

Am not sure what dinner will be... dh will likely want to go out tonight, but I may tell him not tonight (or maybe I'll say yes so i can relax tomorrw?).

Am off to eat my makeshift egg sandwich & apple breakfast.

Today I'm thankful for this teacher having 1st hour prep.
rinty

Post by rinty »

I have no idea how I managed to post a reply to Gayle in the MIDDLE of her post ???????

End of the week, hurrah, heck Gayle, I@M tired and I have NO kids at home.

Still got the stinkin' cold. Laundry to do but kept up with housework all week so HURRAH.

I might clean the bathrooms again for sport but everything is " company ready " really.

WE need to go food shopping but so far the list reads...........BREAD, BANANAS and DRY MUSTARD so I am arguing that its cold out and we'll manage til Monday. We've got a breadmake for goodness sake.

Crafting making more Christmas cards, I got a taste for it at craft club, we showed them how to make decoupage stamped cards and it was a lot of fun, haven't made stamped cards in about 10 years ! Craft club does make me dig up all my old stuff and USE IT UP.

We did consider using out National Trust membership this weekend, weather deprendant.

Tempted to spend it in my pjs doing crafts and drinking hot chocolate.
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good Morning Everyone,

This just isn't right, we are going down into the 20's tonight for a hard freeze and the weather folks are predicting this for the next couple of days here. Fall, where did you go??? Mr. B has decided to cancel his trip as he can't stand the cold and I really don't blame him. However, all this cleaning that I've done want go to waste for it's now company ready for the Holidays. I will be hosting the Thanksgiving Dinner for my daughter's family and one of her dear friends and her husband so that will be fun.

With him living closer to the coast he doesn't get this bone-chilling weather that we have so he's not use to it. I think he's overreacting a little, but what do I know. I've learned that you can't really change a man's mind once it's made up so why bother??? LOL He gets a sniffle and he's in the Doctor's office and I'm not quite as paranoid about germs as he is. I am glad that I waited to pick up groceries for I would have bought to much and had to find a way to freeze it all. My freezer is quite full right now so glad I don't have that problem to contend with.

I too, tried to get on last night and saw the web-site was down. Before I could post this morning I had to reenter my user name and password. I also noticed that the recipes that CG and I posted are gone. If any of you saw mine and want me to repost I will. CG I am so glad that I copied your Cake Mixes as soon as I saw them posted. That was a lot of work to type those up and post those. If you need for me to repost them for you I can if you didn't save them.

Gayle, I don't have any idea of how you do what you do and stay ahead of things. Like Rinty I am afraid that you are going to have a melt-down yourself. I know you have to do what you feel is best for your family, but please take care of yourself.

Shelia, I know you are happy to see your remodel coming together. You are really going to enjoy it when you get it finished. Snowing??? It's just to soon for that white stuff.

Jackie, I know you will be glad to have your son home for a few days.

Maggie, you are doing what you need to do to cope with this divorce and I'm so proud of you. Your cousin sounds like he's switching religions for his fiance be. You do see more and more of that when they want their relationship to last if they are going to be involved in church.

Well,I am off to have a sausage & biscuit at McDonald's this morning. Everyone have a great great day and stay warm.
Last edited by littlemiss63 on Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.