Daily Check-In, Nov. 13, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
littlemiss63

Re: Daily Check-In, Nov. 13, 2018

Post by littlemiss63 »

rinty wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:55 pm Little miss obviously I can't go into specifics but it isn't just us wanting some gold plated placement cos we are too idle to look after our own.
You just want him to be given good care and not have to fight for everything. Nobody understands until they walk in your shoes. ((((((Hugs)))))
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

LittleMiss

I am not one that really likes to decorate. But is I t weird that I love watching the Hallmark channel Christmas movies. I guess I live through them

And yes, I love helping others. I really get a lift. I was so tired after the food bank distribution on Friday, but felt really lifted in the spirit.

I found an organization that does thanksgiving meals for people, so will do that next year.
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

clemencia2us wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:27 pm LittleMiss

I am not one that really likes to decorate. But is I t weird that I love watching the Hallmark channel Christmas movies. I guess I live through them

And yes, I love helping others. I really get a lift. I was so tired after the food bank distribution on Friday, but felt really lifted in the spirit.

I found an organization that does thanksgiving meals for people, so will do that next year.
I work once a month at our local shelter that feeds the homeless and I do enjoy that, but after I retired it seemed like I was working different events more than I stayed at home and I had to learn to say no. You are still young and full of vim and vigor and can hold out better. I usually always work the day after Christmas if I'm in town because they are so short handed with everyone shopping the after-Christmas Sales.

I love Hallmark too and my sister sent me a note and told me that they filmed one in Memphis on the street that I lived on when I got married, and the house was shown when they were filming. It's called Christmas at Graceland. I want to try and see that one, don't know how many times it will show.