Daily Check In November 18, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In November 18, 2018

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Well we are back to cold and snow. Sticking close to home, knitting, watching last seasons Outlander and drinking lots of hot tea.

Hubby is watching football so all is quiet upstairs.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

mbrudnic wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:02 am Good Morning,

It is sunny today. I should dress warmly at some point and take a walk. I need to call and get an update on Mom and Aunt. Had a nice visit with DS2 yesterday. How did i raise such a nice, thoughtful, deep son? He promised to be my cheerleader/positive influence when my Mom can no longer fill that role.

I have butter softening to make cookies for thanksgiving. I also plan to make a batch of hot pepper jelly. I still have plans to get the back bedroom so I can sew in it.

Have a great day,
Maggie
DS2....:)
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

floridacatlover wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:58 am Good morning all.

Jackie, your basement room is lovely and so much space. In Florida we do not have basements.

LWolT, I’m also thinking about banana bread but not today. I have to start rounding up some bananas. I plan on making banana bread for Christmas gifts for friends and our holiday get together is early this year.

Yesterday was one year since I lost my mom. It does not seem like a year. I had planned to go to a church in the Faith I was raised (Methodist) but the doors were locked. That was OK because my “church” is my mother’s house and I prayed and talked to her there. The I went to Wendy’s and sat where we always sat and ate what we ate. Neighbor offered to go with me but I just wanted it to be me and “mom.” The day was not all sad.

I got the garage door repaired on Friday. It worked out well. My hand is still bothering me, especially at night, but each day is better. But I’m going to hold off on any yard clipping until it is 100%.

Today I plan to stay home and watch skating and try to do a bit more decluttering.

Have a good day.
Florida, what a beautiful way to spend your "Mom" day. I can so relate.