Hulu and Netflix

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ownedbydogs

Hulu and Netflix

Post by ownedbydogs »

If you have it, do you like it. One better than the other?
Last edited by frugalaaron on Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed spelling error
BevMoore

Re: Hula and netflix

Post by BevMoore »

I have both and love it! I also watch Amazon Prime since it comes with DS's prime package. So for me $50 a month for Hulu and Netflix beats 100+ for cable plus I can have smart boxes and sticks in every room.

Bev
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

They all have different content. I choose netflix and prime, but we did get a free trial of hulu and crashed our way through season one of the handmaids tale (I prefer endings that are open to interpretation and as such not a fan of taking it past the book).
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

BevMoore wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:38 pm I have both and love it! I also watch Amazon Prime since it comes with DS's prime package. So for me $50 a month for Hulu and Netflix
This intrigues me. I get Netflix, off an on (when Travelers season 3 shows up I'll be 'on' again), for $8/month. Hulu for $6/month, also off-and-on.

I rarely overlap because I might spend 1 hr a day at most watching anything and there's no room in that for overlap.

How do Netflix and Hulu, even combined, exceed $20, even on a good (lots of decent new programming) month?
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hulu has current, network TV shows plus many seasons of past TV shows as well as classics. They have some original content but not a lot. Not many current movies. I would not pick Hulu for my only streaming service but I’d get it if I could get a deal like they offered on a Black Friday, $12/year.

Netflix has lots of original content and new movies. I like it but couldn’t find a lot I wanted to watch in recent months so stopped it until The Crown resumes or something else of great interest.

My favorite is Amazon Prime because they have original content, newish movies (not as fast as Redbox, however) and some tv series although not current shows.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I agree. Not sure how much Hulu is but netflix and Prime together is just over 20 bucks if you get prime annually. I just dont think I need it personally. I generally average 2 hours a note ir day....I'm retired so I often watch tv after lunch while sewing or knitting. In fact, I just gave Uribe premiere a 3 year trial.

And yes, I'm ready for another season of Travelers, and Bosch. And Altered Carbon, and the wierd New Zealand one with the girl who was kidnapped.