Hulu and Netflix

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LWolfT

Re: Hulu and Netflix

Post by LWolfT »

I do Netflix off and on — I'll go back when The Crown returns for its new season. (DH liked the Marvel shows, but I think they've all been canceled.) But it definitely has more original content.
Right now, we have the $12 deal from Hulu. There was one show we wanted to watch, and we've poked around a bit, but not sure it's something I would want for the long haul.
I've had Prime off and on, too, when there's something I want to watch. In some cases, it's been cheaper to buy a full season of a show so we can watch it at our leisure.
Outside of certain shows, I'm finding I can take or leave most TV, so I doubt that I see myself subscribing to any service on a regular basis.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

I actually have an antenna and subscribe to Philo which gives me quite a few non-sports cable channels for $21.40 a month. Where I live I can clearly get over the air channels from 2 cities on my Antenna. I also have Prime and occasionally watch shows from there and my brother set up access to his personal media server on my Roku so I can watch movies and TV shows he records. Actually he added 2 shows at my request.

I have a gifts card to Netflix that i purchased to watch the second season of The Crown that i have not activated. I might wait for the third season. Or wait until the dead of winter.

Maggie
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Maggie, I just read that season 3 of The Crown may not show up until Fall 2019, so I suppose it would depend on what else you might want to see ...
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I would never try and persuade anyone to pay for something or to choose which one to pay for in this case. But they all have original content and Netflix actually has more original content than Amazon much of the time. If you like a show (the crown, Bosh, Travelers, midsommer murders or whatever), you will also find multiple shows with the same theme and just as good. I have over 25 shows on my Netflix watch list and as many on Amazon.

If you are interested in mysteries of any sort, Im convinced the Australian and scandinavian ones are the best, if you can life with the subtitle thing.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

LWolfT wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:25 am I do Netflix off and on — I'll go back when The Crown returns for its new season. (DH liked the Marvel shows, but I think they've all been canceled.) But it definitely has more original content.
Right now, we have the $12 deal from Hulu. There was one show we wanted to watch, and we've poked around a bit, but not sure it's something I would want for the long haul.
I've had Prime off and on, too, when there's something I want to watch. In some cases, it's been cheaper to buy a full season of a show so we can watch it at our leisure.
Outside of certain shows, I'm finding I can take or leave most TV, so I doubt that I see myself subscribing to any service on a regular basis.
Ds16 LOVES the Marvel shows, and as recently as Sunday morning was watching one of them.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

We have Netflix only. Dh talks all the time about cancelling it, but I doubt he will, especially as he just started watching Cheers, And the various Star Treks again. Dh has also been watching Supernatural, which he complains about... but then he goes back to it. We're in the middle of season 7.... only 6 more to go. :lol:

I like Merlin and The Good Witch when I have a chance to watch whatever I Want... not often. ;)

ETA:
Oh we also have Roku, which is wonderful when i don't want my girls watching more weird "childrens" shows... then they watch PBS. :D