Kindle

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Sandy

Re: Kindle

Post by Sandy »

icfrugal1 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:25 am so you are saying that you can use any tablet as a kindle reader? in other words I don't need a kindle , but the kindle app?

IC
Yep.
BeckyO

Re: Kindle

Post by BeckyO »

I received a Nook as my first digital reader. I still have it. DS#2 gave me a $25 membership. That way I can get 'free' books and other perks (They imitated Amazon)

But I love my 2 Kindle Fires. I have several thousand books on the three. Most were free. I signed up for letters (emails)from authors of my preferred genre. Everyday I get multiple offers of free and paid books.
When I want something else I go to Amazon/Kindle store and type in free Regency romance (or whatever genre I want, bios, cookbooks, mysteries etc) and push search. I always get dozens of whatever I am looking for.

I had the $9/mo membership but dropped it. I have Prime but don't use it for books very often.

I love real books. too, but birthdays come along and eyesight goes. With an e-reader I can use bright or dim back light. I can enlarge the fonts, a little or a lot.

I also have and use the ap on my phone and my desktop computer. My desktop will read to me so I don't need audible : )

BeckyO