Kindle

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Kindle

Post by floridacatlover »

I have a kindle app on my iPad but I’m old-fashioned and prefer regular paper books. For my long flight to the UK, however, I downloaded both an e-book and an audio book from the library and enjoyed having them.
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Jackielou wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:20 am I have a kindle app on my tablet, but I also own the Canadian version a Kobo ereader.

I love both of them.
so you are saying that you can use any tablet as a kindle reader? in other words I don't need a kindle , but the kindle app?

IC
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Never met a person who got one and went back
Not saying it never happens, just saying I have never in my life met such a person. The more "real book" types, the bigger the converts. I actually use a kindle fire now because they have the shield that eliminates the blue screen
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

icfrugal1 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:25 am
Jackielou wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:20 am I have a kindle app on my tablet, but I also own the Canadian version a Kobo ereader.

I love both of them.
so you are saying that you can use any tablet as a kindle reader? in other words I don't need a kindle , but the kindle app?

IC
Yes you can use your tablet. You just need the kindle app from the app store and set up an account. I download all free books, but there are books you pay for as well.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

I have the cheapest Kindle and I love it. I got one because I have to lay down often, and got tired of dropping books on my face, lol

I find a lot of crazy kindle book deals at www.bookbub.com I pay .99-3.99 for almost all my books. I have about 15 cookbooks. Several Mark Bittman, The New York Times Cookbook, Deep Run Roots, and a lot more.

You can probably borrow Kindle books from your Public Library.....the instructions may be on their website.

Since you have a tablet, I'd try it out with the Kindle app, there, first. If you do buy any books, you can download them to other devices.....so if you buy one for your tablet, you can go to Amazon and find "content and devices" under your name, and then choose to send that same book to a Kindle if you buy one.

A Kindle has a really long battery life, and mine doesn't have a lit screen, but the ones that do you can turn the light off, so you won't be staring into a light to mess with your sleeping.
ohjodi
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

6ou can read kindle books on any device, including a laptop you just need the app. But do think about your comfort level when holding the laptop, lol. I actually have an Amazon tablet the size of the iPad mini and so have the app.

Almost ALL of the books I read on kindle are gotten through the library system via overdrive., although libraries have some Adobe books as well. Right now my reserve list is 20 books long and includes almost all mystery best sellers. You can also do a search on Amazon of free books, and if you have prime you get some free books through prime reading.