Daily Check In December 24, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In December 24, 2018

Post by Jackielou » Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:50 am

Coffee is ready. Back very soon.

Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In December 24, 2018

Post by Jackielou » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:04 am

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Had a surprise visit from one of Hubby's brothers last night. It was nice that it was one on one and no spewing of distorted facts occurred. However, I am still glad that we won't be going to the other home tomorrow. A nice stay at home Christmas suits me very well.

Tonight is Christmas Mass, I really do miss Midnight Mass, but one does what one must. I wonder if they finished all the decorations yesterday. Two hours saw me tired out and wanting to leave the confusion. So I did. I really think it is going to be very over decorated this year (our Pastoral Assistant seems to have taken over every facet of church business as she seemed to be in charge instead of the poor head of decorating). Too much makes everything garish and cheap in my books and having 10 trees in the sanctuary is having 8 too many.

I have a few clothes to fold, the turkey to get out of the freezer (as well as my frozen lasagna and french bread for garlic bread), some cleaning to do and just a few scraps of fabric left to cut into 4"squares (still working on the prayer shawl however).

Frugally speaking things will be the usual around here. I do plan on getting another loaf of bread started this morning (though I will take some buns out of the freezer as well). It will be a spend day as we will take an envelope to Mass tonight, but that will be the only spending done.

Supper tonight will be lasagna and garlic bread. Simple and quick.

Today I am grateful that oldest DS made it home. My house is now full.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

LWolfT

Post by LWolfT » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:07 am

Good morning! And happy Christmas Eve!

Low 20s right now, perhaps some snow showers tonight, though I don't think it will be a white Christmas.

Did get a fair bit accomplished yesterday. You'd think cutting some mats for framing would be a simple process ... nope ... LOL! But I have something that's workable, so hopefully I can get this set done today.

Not sure what time we'll go to services tonight. Depends on what time DH gets home from work. Jackie, don't think any of the churches in our area do any sort of midnight service, either.

Otherwise, need to reply to a note from a longtime friend, and take care of a bit of paperwork (plus stuff a stocking...) Also need to rearrange the fridge a bit ... we've been using up leftovers, but I have to make room for some Christmas dinner dishes (plus those leftovers!)

Happy holidays to all, and safe travels to those of you who will be on the road tonight and tomorrow.

Jens_Cats

Post by Jens_Cats » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:19 am

So glad you're Christmas will be so lovely!

We have no plans. We were invited to a party tomorrow, but I doubt we'll go. It's in DC, I don't think D wants to go, and I don't handle long drives as well as I used to. We also have a friend here in town who may want to come over. Other than that, it will simply be Tuesday for us.

Yesterday, I continued to work on the master closet. I think I got through three boxes, and I closed a few up. I am mostly finished with the one sitting on the bed right now. That's what I'll be working on tomorrow if we don't have company. Next step will be to pack up my studio and to start getting stuff we don't want listed on Facebook.

Keeping this short, because I'm on my phone. I'm eating breakfast, and then I leave for the rescue at 9. should be a short day, as I'm working with another lady. We usually get done in about 3-4 hours.

Happy Holidays, everyone!
Jen
Sage Alley: My green/simple living blog:
http://sagealley.blogspot.com

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:26 am

Good morning all.

It is another cool morning but will warm to about 70. No snow here!

Kitty, I’m glad that your dad enjoyed the prime rib so much. I know that it makes your heart full to see him happy and eating well.

Jackie, I know that you really love having you boys (men) all together for Christmas. Enjoy.

I’ll have a quiet day reading and enjoying my tree. I need to wrap (or put in bags) the small gifts for my friend and her daughter for tomorrow’s Christmas dinner. I’m so lucky to have good friends.

The past few days my toe has really been bothering me. I have bad feet. Now I know what my mom went through her last few years. Could hardly walk last night. But today thankfully it seems much better.

As I’ve mentioned, I follow figure skating and have enjoyed the championships from Russia and Japan the past few days. I’m saving my pennies to buy tickets to the World Figure Skating Championships in Montreal in spring 2020. Tickets will go on sale in a few months, a year in advance, and I want to get good seats.

Tonight I’ll have New England Clam Chowder and salad for Christmas Eve dinner. A sentimental favorite for me.

Enjoy your day.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:38 am

Good Christmas Eve morning to everyone. I have been up since 2:30 AM. I am coming down with my annual Christmas Eve cold.. Bummer. It started yesterday afternoon. I slept off and on all evening and fell asleep in my clothing on the couch. Teddi was all scrunched up between me and the back of the couch.. It was his choice to sleep so close.. Sweet. I do keep supplies on hand for just such an occasion but realized yesterday there is not enough to get me through the holiday. So I will be going in to town to stock up on things at Dollar General. I have to go in to town anyway today since I need to mail my great nephew his monthly allowance check. His parents are dead and he is in an nursing home. My brother is his guardian and executor of his Mother's estate so while he is in Mexico I am responsible for mailing his allowance. He is ambulatory and able to occasionally go out on his own.. A few years ago we almost lost him due to a severe heart problem but the Drs were able to stabilize him. Sad that he is in his 30's and lives in a nursing home. However he does call his grandparents (my brother and SIL) almost daily so that he knows that he does have family that loves and cares about him.

The sun is up now and the sun shine is bouncing off of the lake on my brother's property. I can only see the lake in late Fall and winter when the leaves are off of the trees.. I love being around water. Just wish it was closer to to my house..

I am off to get ready to go in to town. Everyone have a lovely Christmas Eve.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama