Daily Check In December 28, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jens_Cats

Re: Daily Check In December 28, 2018

Post by Jens_Cats »

Hi, everyone. I did not get to bed until 4 and to sleep until who knows what time? It's NOT like the old days, when I used to stay up on purpose. The problem is a medication I've been taking when my pain is SEVERE. Last night when I got home from the cat rescue, I had SEVERE back pain. I could barely even walk. So instead of my normal medications, I took a much stronger one, Voltaren (diclofenac.) Last time I took it, it kept me up all night, but I thought that might have been a fluke. Nope! It also messed up my stomach, so I'll be seeking out an alternative. I only need something extra strong like that about once or twice a month. I may ask my doctor.

So that means I'm back in bed today. I got up, ate, fed the cats, and watched TV with D, but now I'm back in bed with my Chromebook. I hope to get up later and continue to work on clearing out the master closet and on packing up my studio. We are putting things we are keeping but not currently using in the attic to get them out of the way.

I also need to pick up two prescriptions, but it's raining and cold here, and I feel crummy, so I really don't want to go out. I'll wait and go tomorrow.

Also just found out that my 2nd mom (mom's best friend) has ovarian cancer. That was quite a lot to process. She's undergoing chemo and then will have a hysterectomy in he Spring sometime. If anyone can beat this, she can. Still...

Off to watch some videos, since I can't even focus enough to read. Being chronically ill SUCKS! :(

Jen M, WV
Sage Alley: My green/simple living blog:
http://sagealley.blogspot.com
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

littlemiss63 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:08 pm I might put a crease in a pair of jeans or a shirt sleeve sometimes, but 99% of my clothes when I shake them real good before placing in the dryer or hanging on a hanger don't look any different than if I should iron them. I never let them dry completely in the dryer, set for about 15 minutes then hang to finish drying. I would send them to the dry cleaners to press before I would stand and iron.

My sister says it's her therapy, I don't need therapy. I can get the same effect by getting a cold glass of iced tea or hot chocolate and laying back on a lounge chair. LOL
Libby love your philosophy..lol. One of the social workers that I worked with told us he begged his wife to leave the dishes for him since doing them helped him to destress. Told him he could come to my house anytime he needed to destress..lol. Whatever makes us happy is the important thing. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Jens_Cats

Post by Jens_Cats »

UPDATE: That last post was written about 1:45, but I just woke up and discovered it never posted!

It seems I've slept the afternoon away. I'm now getting ready to do a little work on the master closet/my studio while I listen to my YouTube videos. I'll go downstairs a little later to watch TV with D. My stomach is still messed up. :(

On ironing: I absolutely LOATHE it, but I have kept a lot of my mom and grandma's tablecloths, and I use them. That means ironing. LOL! I've put it off for months, but if I can get my body back on track over the weekend, I'll try and knock it out on Sunday. I think I only have two or three tablecloths to iron. I just need to grit my teeth and do it. Those are the only items I have that require ironing, thank goodness! LOL!

Jen M.
Sage Alley: My green/simple living blog:
http://sagealley.blogspot.com
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

evening all,

Supper at dads , done and cooking mess cleaned up.
For some reason tonight I just feel worn out....glad tomorrow is Saturday.
The plan is grocery shopping, library and then home. I think the weekend should be quiet and I know the New years eve will be quiet. Might have the youngest grand so the parents can have friends over for a game night.

JCKitty
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Hi all -
Just have been reading the ironing posts. I don't mind ironing but I only iron dress clothes and right before they are worn because they always seemed to get wrinkled in the closet.

I am so old I remember ironing everything. My daddy would never let me get a job - so for spending money, I did my older brother and his wife's ironing. I was thrilled. They had 3-4 bushel baskets per week and I made 50 cents a bushel. I would iron for 4-6 hours and make $1.50 and thought I was rich. Now I know I was just stupid.
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

colonialgirl wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:33 pm Hi all -
Just have been reading the ironing posts. I don't mind ironing but I only iron dress clothes and right before they are worn because they always seemed to get wrinkled in the closet.

I am so old I remember ironing everything. My daddy would never let me get a job - so for spending money, I did my older brother and his wife's ironing. I was thrilled. They had 3-4 bushel baskets per week and I made 50 cents a bushel. I would iron for 4-6 hours and make $1.50 and thought I was rich. Now I know I was just stupid.
CG, I bet they loved you! They would have had to pay me $1.50 an item. LOL Mother, put starch in everything and the shirts and skirts practically stood up by themselves without using a hanger. That's my memory anyway. :lol: :lol: