Daily Check in Jan 2, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
BevMoore

Re: Daily Check in Jan 2, 2019

Post by BevMoore »

Bright sunshine and extremely cold here! There was frost outside everywhere when I got up this morning. Mt. Dishmore and Mt. Washmore have been taken care of. I am taking my 2008 van to gas up at Costco before heading out to Kaiser. DD was admitted to the hospital early yesterday for a respiratory infection and is on IV antibiotics. Hopefully she will be going home over the weekend.

Other than gassing up I do not plan to spend any $$$ today. All the bills were paid yesterday so I am good to go. Tomorrow I have bowling and then I go back to work.

Bev
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

Dgflorida wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:19 am I will buy an occasional rotisserie chicken for dinner.
Rotisserie chicken is actually pretty frugal! It's only a buck or two more than a raw chicken, and saves your TIME and ENGERGY. The bonus is simmering the bones for chicken stock. I don't bother with onions, carrots, etc....I can simmer those in later if I want.
ohjodi
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

ohjodi wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:35 pm Rotisserie chicken is actually pretty frugal! It's only a buck or two more than a raw chicken, and saves your TIME and ENGERGY. The bonus is simmering the bones for chicken stock. I don't bother with onions, carrots, etc....I can simmer those in later if I want.
I do the same with it - make soup. Also makes great chicken salad.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

ohjodi wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:35 pm Rotisserie chicken is actually pretty frugal! It's only a buck or two more than a raw chicken, and saves your TIME and ENGERGY. The bonus is simmering the bones for chicken stock. I don't bother with onions, carrots, etc....I can simmer those in later if I want.
I think a rotisserie chicken is a great frugal bargain. I use everything but the feet, the beak, and the cluck...lol. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
BeckyO

Post by BeckyO »

Afternoon Y'All,
Rinty, I know you will miss your son. I am glad you had him for the holidays.

= dogs and some cats, hope your daughter gets well soon.

I like rotisserie chickens, too, soup, salad and sandwiches : )

My housekeeper was off today. I don't remember being told that would happen. So I washed the few dishes in the sink and will sleep on the same linens tonight. But I would have gone out this morning if I had realized it. I don't want to go but need to go, need a money order for rent and a few items from the store. It'll wait til tomorrow.

Lunch was good and I think I'll go downstairs for dinner. I will take down my few Christmas decs and work on my finances-easy, and genealogy- never ending. Then I will erase some books from my ereader to make room for more. I'll need a nap, too LOL

Yesterday, I 'hibernated'. LOL. as a results of celebrating New Year's Eve. A small group of us went to dinner. to listen to music and welcome the New Yearwith some champagne. We had pics made. I had to wrap up in my cape. My top was green, the same color as the background. I became a floating head : ) until I wrapped up. fun

Happy New Year , All
BeckyO
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Catfish update

I think I told y’all that she never quit her job or flew out to be with the catfish. That was supposed to happen this last weekend

Thought she might have learned her lesson.

Nope. He said it’s just hard to get flights right now. From Texas to Virginia? Really? So giving him more time to coordinate that. :?