Daily Check in Jan 2, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check in Jan 2, 2019

Post by alliesmama4 »

BeckyO wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:40 pm
Afternoon Y'All,
Rinty, I know you will miss your son. I am glad you had him for the holidays.

= dogs and some cats, hope your daughter gets well soon.

I like rotisserie chickens, too, soup, salad and sandwiches : )

My housekeeper was off today. I don't remember being told that would happen. So I washed the few dishes in the sink and will sleep on the same linens tonight. But I would have gone out this morning if I had realized it. I don't want to go but need to go, need a money order for rent and a few items from the store. It'll wait til tomorrow.

Lunch was good and I think I'll go downstairs for dinner. I will take down my few Christmas decs and work on my finances-easy, and genealogy- never ending. Then I will erase some books from my ereader to make room for more. I'll need a nap, too LOL

Yesterday, I 'hibernated'. LOL. as a results of celebrating New Year's Eve. A small group of us went to dinner. to listen to music and welcome the New Yearwith some champagne. We had pics made. I had to wrap up in my cape. My top was green, the same color as the background. I became a floating head : ) until I wrapped up. fun

Happy New Year , All
BeckyO
Becky good to hear from you. Glad you went out to celebrate the new year. Have a very happy and healthy new Year. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

littlemiss63 wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:43 pm
Good Afternoon Everyone,

Rain, rain go away, please come back another day. That is my mantra. Our river is overflowing and since it's expected for the rest of the week we are going to have some flooding in lower lying areas. I just feel sorry for all the people that will be cleaning up if this happens. I don't know why DH and I always seem to buy houses on a hill, there was no reason at the time in our heads, but sure am glad we did.

I wasn't very hungry this morning so had a nice juicy pear for breakfast. I don't know yet what I will fix for dinner, but it will be something quick and easy.

It's been an easy day chore wise and it amazed me when I did my inventory of beauty essentials that I may not need to shop for much this year. After getting them all reorganized I had way more than I realized. Toothpaste is the only thing I am low on, lotions, creme's, soap, shampoo, conditioners I shouldn't have to buy all year. I am going to make myself go through all this before I purchase anything else. I am bad about buying products because someone else recommends them and I wind up starting to use the new item and not finish up what I had. I'm going to get as hard=nosed about that as I do about food waste. I can't stand to waste food.

I have also finally gotten all my yearly check-up's scheduled for January. I like to do as many as I can in January to get them over with. Eyes, ears, teeth, annual check-up, done!

BeckyO and Shelia so good to see your posts and please do try and get by more often. I wonder about so many that we haven't heard from in a long time if they are still with us that had health issues. I know many of you remember Marcia, the teacher from Atlanta, I think about her every time I drive through there. She had the stroke and was put into a facility I believe. Life is so fragile. Anyone hear from Pattie in Memphis?

Well, I need to decide what I will have for dinner so will get on that. Everyone have a great rest of the day.
Patty and I are freinds on Facebook. I will let her know she is missed.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

littlemiss63 wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:43 pm
Good Afternoon Everyone,

Rain, rain go away, please come back another day. That is my mantra. Our river is overflowing and since it's expected for the rest of the week we are going to have some flooding in lower lying areas. I just feel sorry for all the people that will be cleaning up if this happens. I don't know why DH and I always seem to buy houses on a hill, there was no reason at the time in our heads, but sure am glad we did.

I wasn't very hungry this morning so had a nice juicy pear for breakfast. I don't know yet what I will fix for dinner, but it will be something quick and easy.

It's been an easy day chore wise and it amazed me when I did my inventory of beauty essentials that I may not need to shop for much this year. After getting them all reorganized I had way more than I realized. Toothpaste is the only thing I am low on, lotions, creme's, soap, shampoo, conditioners I shouldn't have to buy all year. I am going to make myself go through all this before I purchase anything else. I am bad about buying products because someone else recommends them and I wind up starting to use the new item and not finish up what I had. I'm going to get as hard=nosed about that as I do about food waste. I can't stand to waste food.

I have also finally gotten all my yearly check-up's scheduled for January. I like to do as many as I can in January to get them over with. Eyes, ears, teeth, annual check-up, done!

BeckyO and Shelia so good to see your posts and please do try and get by more often. I wonder about so many that we haven't heard from in a long time if they are still with us that had health issues. I know many of you remember Marcia, the teacher from Atlanta, I think about her every time I drive through there. She had the stroke and was put into a facility I believe. Life is so fragile. Anyone hear from Pattie in Memphis?

Well, I need to decide what I will have for dinner so will get on that. Everyone have a great rest of the day.
I check Marcia's Facebook page quite often and have not seen anything on years.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Missed this. Happy Birthday Bev.

BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

Thank you Jackie. For some reason this has not shown up on my FB Calendar. Not sure how to fix it.

Bev

littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Jackielou wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:56 pm
Patty and I are freinds on Facebook. I will let her know she is missed.
Thank you Jackie for the information on Marcia as well. If Marcia were able she would have put something on her Facebook page for sure. I have a feeling she has gone to be with the Lord. She loved social media to much, not to.