Daily Check in Jan 2, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check in Jan 2, 2019

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning all.

Early this afternoon I’ll meet my friend at Starbucks. I had only $1.28 left on my gift card but was able to add $5 from Bing. Before going there I’ll go to mom’s house to put out the recycling. After meeting my friend I plan to go to the library to drop off my book and maybe get another one. I’ve already renewed the George Bush book because I put it down when I got the Obama book which had a time limit. Then to CVS and back to mom’s house.

I finished my 2018 budget analysis yesterday and updated my financial notebook with things I had piled on a table in my bedroom. For 2018 I was over budget but not by much. I was under in quite a few categories but over in entertainment, gifts, Pippi and surprisingly, gas. For entertainment I did spend on two fairly pricy tickets to musical events that I will use this year so will try to watch that category a bit more. (Jackie, have you heard of the Canadian musical Come from Away? I’m VERY excited to see it in June.) Pippi will have higher expenses with her thyroid condition and I’m budgeting for that in 2019. I’m going to try to monitor gas more and combine trips like many of you do.

Must admit that looking at investments was disheartening. This is the first time since I retired that my totals have gone down. And I only have about 1/3 of my investments in stock. I know I’m lucky to even have investments.

I may start taking the ornaments off the tree today. Plus I did not do laundry yesterday so will tackle that later this afternoon.

Enjoy your day.

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good foggy Florida morning all,

I feel much better today and went for my morning walk. Those eye injections(Monday) really do make me feel poorly. I don't know why exactly. So glad that is over for a month. Today, I hope to work a bit on installing the termite poison stakes. I am going to the west side where I don't need to clear any plants. Should be easier installation. I also have some concrete blocks to tote from the trunk to the back yard for installation on the north side at a later date. Or I may decide to do some exterior painting. Only enough time to do one or the other today. The other will be tomorrow depending on weather.

I am considering taking some cheap group ballroom lessons. I feel that my vision is good enough to drive that distance and it is just once a week. They are only $8 a piece and it will get me back on the dance floor, no contract. Since I will go right passed the Goodwill store on the way back, I will stop there every Saturday and see if they have anything I want. I am looking for curtains or material to make curtains. I know what the retail prices are, so I can be a frugal smart shopper. I may opt for a different studio next month, but they require a monthly contract and I am not willing to do that with hubs having a cataract operation this month. We will see.

This year, I am going to be a bit more selfish for the sake of my mental health. So I will take some dance lessons and I will buy an occasional rotisserie chicken for dinner. We can't eat out because hubs must avoid carbs. It looks like I need a bit more carbs than him, so I think I will have an occasional yogurt. Even with no sugar added, it is still about 10 gr. carbs. Well, that is the plan.

Today, we will finish going through the files. Hubs puts everything in the computer, but I am not a fan of that process. So since this year, I am going to get more involved in bill paying etc, I will have to have useful files. We went through all the files except medical yesterday. We get reams of papers from the medical insurance. It is almost overwhelming.

Today, I am grateful that I have the monthly eye shot done. Have a good day everyone.

LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ... mid 30s, and while there's nothing on the weather radar, it certainly looks wet out there.

Tallied up the year-end finances yesterday. Florida, I completely understand ... :shock:

Today, I plan some purposeful puttering. Am starting to put away some of the Christmas decor, though the trees will be up for a few more days.

Rinty, thanks for the tip on the Shardlake series ... have put them on my list. If anyone is interested in ancient Rome, I suggest the Marcus Didius Falco mystery series by Lindsey Davis.

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc »

The cleaning lady is coming this afternoon. I have a lot I need to put away.

I am gradually putting things away. I have a large bag full of giveaway yarn. Plus a bin with other giveaway items. The office is closed this morning. So I can’t take it up, this morning I can’t take it this afternoon as the cleaning lady is coming soon after I wake up from my nap.

I finally planted the amaryllis my daughter gave me.

I have a busy day ahead.

Penny

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

It is drizzling and chilly

I want to stay in bed but have a breakfast group meeting..

I do need to get dog food, so will do that afterwards.

So gotta get going

Have a great day

rinty

Post by rinty »

LWolfT wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:24 am
Good morning ... mid 30s, and while there's nothing on the weather radar, it certainly looks wet out there.

Tallied up the year-end finances yesterday. Florida, I completely understand ... :shock:

Today, I plan some purposeful puttering. Am starting to put away some of the Christmas decor, though the trees will be up for a few more days.

Rinty, thanks for the tip on the Shardlake series ... have put them on my list. If anyone is interested in ancient Rome, I suggest the Marcus Didius Falco mystery series by Lindsey Davis.
Its a great read, and the six books will give you months of entertainment, promise !

DD has just come and collected DS which was very kind of her, saves us a 100 mile trip. He went off happily which was nice and a relief.

I'd made her a big turkey pie for her family and DS took a large choc cake home with him.

I have had two boil washes on and done a fair bit of scrubbing to get rid of the smell of wee :shock: ( wot a nice home I have ) DH was at other DDS finishing off her DIY.

Anyway it is nice to unwind. I got upset last night about him going but it is hard.

The fridges are still full though I am done PROCESSING the leftovers.

Today is an unwind day.

( it is very difficult posting again due to the constant pop ups that bounce at the bottom of the page, they had improved but they are bad again ) I timed it and literally every 20 seconds...... can Aaron and Erin have a lot at this please,)