Daily Check In January 12, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check In January 12, 2019

Post by alliesmama4 »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:21 am Hello friends,

I’ve a chance to sleep in, and I’m WIDE AWAKE.😳☹️ I guess I’m used to getting up at 5-ish now. (TOTM arriving yesterday isn't helping me, pain meds have worn off & new ones not in effect yet.) HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! 😐

I’ve not been on since?? As my workload at school has increased, I have less time to spare in my prep hour to do personal stuff.

We got a skiff of snow yesterday, just enough to dirty windshields and ice the roads.

I went to work early yesterday as I couldn’t sleep, and got my friend to show me how to print students’ grades w/ assignments to hand out atParent Teacher Conferences next week.

Yesterday the teacher in classroom next to me, asked about considering staying on as ling-term sub through the end of the year. I told her yes for sure to end of trimester, and probably to the end of year— she wants to persuade the Principal to keep me on. Apparently, they are having a lack of quality applications for the job (they REALLY want me to change my mind & apply for the job, but I refuse to make that kind of decision yet as I have TOO MANY other factors against it.)

As for the rest of the day, I REALLY NEED to do (mine, dh, ds10 & girls) laundry, clean bathrooms, make GF goodies/bread, & shop for groceries, etc.
However, I’m going to go watch ds16’s wrestling tournament (it's HUGE this year, good weather so 30 schools, plus ours, came — 3 years ago, it was snowy-ish and 16 or 18 schools came). MUST REMEMBER to take a thick blanket to sit on, and pack me more food — last night I simply finished off my lunch I’d not eaten at school.

May try for more sleep now. IF it doesn't work, I may read a bit.

TodayI’m grateful ds16 won ALL of his matches yesterday! 😊
Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday Dear Gayle, Happy birthday to you.. Love from your friend Janet..
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Happychoice wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:47 am G'day frugal friends,
What a beautiful start to the day, the sky is blue now and what little cloud we saw has moved off over Lake Ont. It's a cold Sat, right now -12 including the WC. There's little snow and sidewalks are clear.... I'm trying to motivate myself to walk but I'm not there yet.

It's a frugal Sat for me, with tidying up as the plan, reading and working on a baby blanket I started crocheting. It's a new pattern to me so it will be a challenge, but my neighbour has outstanding skill so she will help me out if need be. Frugal Friday was my volunteer hours at the senior centre doing meal service and cleanup. There were leftovers for which ever volunteers want to take them. I was given enough for a couple of dinners and a lunch and I am grateful for this contribution to my meals. I may be able to lower my groc budget increase; I'll give it a couple of months before I adjust.

Also, yesterday I was given a recognition card and gift from the centre as volunteer for the month of Dec. The gift was a card for a choice of different restaurants in my town. The co-ordinator who wrote the card had lovely words which made me teary when I read it. I am grateful for this gift.

Tonight will be my favourite winter entertainment.... enjoying watching a hockey game on TV. Toronto Maple Leafs vs. Boston Bruins and it should be a good one.

Stay safe all who are in the path of the blizzard.
'til later
Connie
HappyChoice.. how nice to be recognized for your volunteer work.. Enjoy your gift card. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good afternoon all,

Slept in and it felt so good. It started snowing about 5:45 AM and continues. I have shoveled the decks 3 times. I like to keep them cleaned off so lifting heavy snow isn't a problem.

Bed linens changed and washed and racked to dry, beef stew simmering. using leftover steak and pot roast from the freezer. Trying to not make too much but use up any bits and pieces so no waste.

I need to dust and clean floors, and hit the highlights of the dusting, blecck.

I am enjoying watching the snow, I still don't like the cold but hey it is pretty to look at... LOL.

Thinking I might mix up some cookies, an experiment...using chestnut puree in place of peanut butter in cookies...don't know if it will work but it's worth a shot.
JCKitty
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

gaylejackson2 wrote: ↑Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:21 am
Hello friends,

I’ve a chance to sleep in, and I’m WIDE AWAKE.😳☹️ I guess I’m used to getting up at 5-ish now. (TOTM arriving yesterday isn't helping me, pain meds have worn off & new ones not in effect yet.) HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! 😐

I’ve not been on since?? As my workload at school has increased, I have less time to spare in my prep hour to do personal stuff.

We got a skiff of snow yesterday, just enough to dirty windshields and ice the roads.

I went to work early yesterday as I couldn’t sleep, and got my friend to show me how to print students’ grades w/ assignments to hand out atParent Teacher Conferences next week.

Yesterday the teacher in classroom next to me, asked about considering staying on as ling-term sub through the end of the year. I told her yes for sure to end of trimester, and probably to the end of year— she wants to persuade the Principal to keep me on. Apparently, they are having a lack of quality applications for the job (they REALLY want me to change my mind & apply for the job, but I refuse to make that kind of decision yet as I have TOO MANY other factors against it.)

As for the rest of the day, I REALLY NEED to do (mine, dh, ds10 & girls) laundry, clean bathrooms, make GF goodies/bread, & shop for groceries, etc.
However, I’m going to go watch ds16’s wrestling tournament (it's HUGE this year, good weather so 30 schools, plus ours, came — 3 years ago, it was snowy-ish and 16 or 18 schools came). MUST REMEMBER to take a thick blanket to sit on, and pack me more food — last night I simply finished off my lunch I’d not eaten at school.

May try for more sleep now. IF it doesn't work, I may read a bit.

TodayI’m grateful ds16 won ALL of his matches yesterday! 😊
Have a very Happy Birthday.

Penny
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

I am enjoying the snow too. I lost my internet satellite for a while but it came back on. Now have lost the satellite for my TV. I can always clean the snow off of the one for the internet since it is on the ground at the SE corner of my house. However the TV sat. is on the roof and I will just have to wait for it to clear up on its own.. I have a ton of programs that I have taped off of the TV so have plenty of things to watch.. I am doing a Star Wars marathon that I taped a while back. I half watch and listen while doing other things so they are the perfect movies to have on now. I have a hard time just sitting and watching TV always have to have something else going on.

The snow is now almost as tall as Teddi.. He did try to go out and potty but was up to his chest in snow..lol. He came back in and is holding it.. I shoveled a small area for him to go to so maybe when he feels the pressure more he will go.. He did potty in a corner in the garage this morning after I told him it was ok. However he did not want to do that a while ago.. I love that he is so well potty trained but it bothers me that he is holding it too.
Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Janet, do you have any leftover potty pads you could put down for Teddi? That is admirable training he has!

Our corgi did not like snow. Even five inches was too much for him and his stubby legs.

The handymen finished with the new chimney cap today, so the house is dry and back in one functioning unit. The final cost was $2,800 -- eeeyow. But it was a huge job and they even cleaned the mahogany paneling when they finished. Our living room ceiling will never collapse again!

We will be frugalizing a couple of notches upward for a while.
Mackie