Daily Check-in, January 13, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check-in, January 13, 2019

Post by floridacatlover »

Success. My patience paid off and my laptop is updated. Only took a full day. 😳 I was able to download and install iTunes. Now to think about my photos. Will start a separate thread.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

floridacatlover wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:36 pm That is hilarious! I can just hear you on the phone explaining to the doctor’s office. Animals add so much to our lives.
I thought after Allie died I would not get another pet.. She was one of a kind but Teddi has turned out to be such a sweetheart and does add a lot of joy and happiness to my life. Yes he has put a crunch in my budget but he is worth it.Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:39 pm Success. My patience paid off and my laptop is updated. Only took a full day. 😳 I was able to download and install iTunes. Now to think about my photos. Will start a separate thread.
Wonderful. I have to keep using mine so it will update regularly.

I'm using it to take to the church for a project im working on. They have desktops, but no one ever knows the password to log me on and I don't want to try using the ones they suggest and lock them out. So I just take my own.
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

Good afternoon,
All the Christmas decorations are down and put away. I am always glad to get that chore out of the way. I am feeling a little better today but will take it easy the rest of the afternoon. No work so far other than my regular 2 day a week yard duty assignment. I sort of hope I can stay home all week and completely recover from this. If I am better by Wednesday I will work.

Apparently I am not the only person in my late 60's who works. I just learned a friend of mine who is also 68 will go to work full time. My brother, who is 70, also works part time. I will continue while there is still work. But I have a feeling things are drying up.

I made a soup for today which I am going to go eat a bowl of. Talk to you all later!

Bev
Happychoice

Post by Happychoice »

This day has been lovely. The sun was shining when I woke up without a cloud in the sky except for the steamy clouds rising off Lake Ontario. After I fully woke up, I drove to the lake and walked along the waterfront path for a bit, then back to my car for coffee and lunch I had quickly put together. I parked so the sun was shining through the windshield and the feeling was warmth and coziness. I know I dozed off for awhile although I can't say how long. I read my library book and finished the coffee before heading home. There were lots of people out today, lots of dog walkers.

I returned the book and DVD to library and I impulsively stopped in at the convenience store on my way back and bought a scratch lotto ticket which returned my spent $5 and gave me another $5. So do I call this a no spend day or a low income day? LOL! Can't decide.

My meal is frugal, chilli from the freezer... a cook once, eat twice or 3 or 4 times creation along with potato and salad. Yummy on a cold winter evening. I noticed today that at 5 p.m. the sun was still shining; the shadows were long but still bright. It's wonderful to see the evening light return gradually.

A frugal evening to all!!!
Happiness is a choice!
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

rinty wrote: ↑Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:14 am
Hey All,

Well, it took me til the 13th to stop being Pollyanna ;)

Its re DS ( of course ) And would take way way way way too long to describe.Spent an hour on the phone to other parents

And politics, yours , mine , everybodies.

Also DH went to the allotment, gone minutes then phones me.....He had been trying to lift up a wooden edging ( and slipped and fell ) The entire wooden structure that must weigh over 20lbs smacked him in forehead. He was bleeding like a stuck pig. Cleaned him up, decided I would take him to hospital myself and drove down there. Foolishly I took him to Urgent Care ( which is apparently for those who don't have doctors........so a ROOMFUL of people with BUGGER ALL wrong with them and a 70 yr old who is BLEEDING.

Lets say the woman doing triage was NOT a genius nor that she has ever used the word " priority ". I went to her again to stress DH actual problem and we were seen. The nurse immediately cleaned him and sent us to REAL HOSPITAL past the whining losers who need to sort themselves out.............

He home now, stitches, can't imagine how big the bruises will be. I will make a doctors appt for midweek, to check healing.

I got the beef leftovers from Christmas out last night, thank goodness as I don't feel up to phaffing around making a meal. Foul mood all round.

No end of Work Stuff to sort out...........initially I was quite enthused. Now , couldn't care less. Whatever. I need to be giving 100% to DS not being the worker who GIVES 100% to Other Peoples Kids. Yay , me . I swear I would not be the person who ventured to suggest I wasn't doing enough this week :shock: .

Two courses ergo two late days. Also a volunteer gig I now do not give two hoots about. Anyway,very busy week.

Whatever, I would very much rather be curled up in a ball keeping an eye on DH ( head swathed in bandages )

Off to make mashed swede, cabbage, leftover cauliflower cheese and beef in gravy to feed my wounded warrior..........
I hope your husband feels better soon, and you do also.

{{{{{Hugs}}}}}

Penny