Daily Check in Jan 14, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LWolfT

Re: Daily Check in Jan 14, 2019

Post by LWolfT »

Jackie ... have a safe trip. You're definitely in my prayers.
Penny, good wishes that all goes well with with your surgery.
And Rinty ... hope your DH is on the mend! (Just catching up with yesterday's posts.)

Did the rounds: Walmart, dollar store, Aldi and Fresh Thyme. Still couldn't get a couple of things I wanted at the dollar store ... both the ones near me seem to be out of things a lot. But did pretty well overall, considering we were just about out of stuff like cat food, fresh produce, soap ...
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Jackielou wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:36 pm Yes I leave tomorrow morning probably around 9 am. First is bone scan, then the next day a mammo and the other tests.
Jackie will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Jackie and Penny, you are both in my prayers.
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Afternoon troops -
Not much going on here. Still packing up Christmas. Finally got my chili going that I didn't get made over the weekend. The smell is killing me - can't wait for 5:30 p.m.

Have several pounds of ground beef thawing. I am going to brown it up and refreeze so I am not always waiting around for things to thaw. Tomorrow I am going to cook up most of my chicken breasts and cube them for the same reason.

Plan to spend the rest of the day doing laundry and straightening up cabinets. Hubs tries to help me when I feel badly and I do appreciate it. But that help includes putting things wherever he can find a spot. I hate trying to cook when I can't lay my hands on whatever ingredients or tools I want.

Have a great, frugal evening all. CG

Penny - good luck on your hand surgery. I pray all goes well. And Jackie - you are in my prayers every night that these tests turn out well.
rinty

Post by rinty »

Hey Up Frugals

Came on to wish Jackie well. Jackie , special prayers said for your health, Jackie and all the best. Hope these next few days are stress free. Do not skimp on your comfort, you have enough on your mind.

Nagging incessantly meant DH actually listened and went to the doctors. I love our doctors surgery. They were shocked at the state of him and cleaned and dressed the wound and made an appointment for later in the week. AMEN. So no worries about infection. I had cleaned it, then Urgent Care, then a doctor then today another doctor. He was a mess this morning, he is much better now.

No Spend...yesterday was car park fees at the hospital, drinks then I bought snacks as we'd been at the hospital and I wanted food in DH fast.

Today kept busy. That wasn't hard as work was INSANE. Younger DD has been in hospital so helping her out, childcare/meals etc. Came back from hers reslised I hadn't eaten but a sachet of Cup o Soup ( yeck) all day. So had eggs on toast and jelly beans.........don't judge me ;)

Haven't done anything re this lastest STUFF re DS. Thnakfully it wasn't him but another housemate but very glad I had him home at the time.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

rinty wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:50 pm Hey Up Frugals

Came on to wish Jackie well. Jackie , special prayers said for your health, Jackie and all the best. Hope these next few days are stress free. Do not skimp on your comfort, you have enough on your mind.

Nagging incessantly meant DH actually listened and went to the doctors. I love our doctors surgery. They were shocked at the state of him and cleaned and dressed the wound and made an appointment for later in the week. AMEN. So no worries about infection. I had cleaned it, then Urgent Care, then a doctor then today another doctor. He was a mess this morning, he is much better now.

No Spend...yesterday was car park fees at the hospital, drinks then I bought snacks as we'd been at the hospital and I wanted food in DH fast.

Rinty keeping you and your DH in my prayers. sounds like you have your plate full with family needs.. Take care of yourself as well. ((hug)). Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama