Daily Check In January 17, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check In January 17, 2019

Post by clemencia2us » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:43 pm

The sun is out!

It is a beautiful day after all

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:50 pm

Happychoice wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:11 pm
Hi frugals..... Thursday already!??! Where has this wk gone?

Penny, it is good to hear you are doing well after surgery. Jackie, try not to worry. I know it is the unknown that is unsettling. But the worry causes unwanted and uneeded stress. My health scare, without going into a lot of detail, involved a breast biopsy done very quickly after a mamo near Dec. 1st. The whole thing from start to completion was 3 wks and I was concerned prior to hearing results. I kept telling myself it would be okay, going with what my gut instinct kept telling me and the end result was okay. You always express gratitude and optimism; draw on those values and you will get through this. :)

It's a frugal day again. Meals are using up leftovers; I found a package of turkey which is going into the honey garlic stir fry. Tomorrow will be the pre-blizzard stockup as the fridge is looking a little bare. There's no driving today as the streets are snow covered due to a light fall the past couple of hrs. I am walking to the library shortly to pick up a few items on hold. I am planning to rewatch Downton Abbey prior to the movie release this yr so season 1 DVDs are in the holds. Afterward I'm baking snickerdoodle muffins and maybe cookies. A little snack is needed for the hockey game this evening. The team is playing in Tampa tonite and Miami Sat nite. They left Toronto just in time before the storm arrives.

Janet, I'm thinking of you and Teddy. I'm happy to hear that all is well with you. Do you have someone to reach out to other than your carer if you need to?
No one close by. The one couple I maybe could have asked for help, that live across the road and down a bit, and are the closest, are having problems of their own. She has had serious surgery and they both are about my age. The other couple further down the road are also about my age and not able to help either due to her having medical problems and he is out of town on business a lot. My other neighbor on the other side of my driveway is also about my age, a widow, and yada, yada, yada. We are old and living out in the country.. No family in the nearby communities for me. When I say neighbors most of us live a minimum of at least a 1/4 mile from the other one and it is a rural setting so no walking next door for a cup of whatever..lol. That is why I stay well supplied. Except for my aide loosing wages I would be ok here.. Being alone does not bother me since I grew up alone as a young girl. No playmates other than my brother and after a while he did not play with me and played with the other boys on local farms. I learned to be happy on my own and entertain myself. Thanks for thinking of Teddi and me .. we are doing well. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama

ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:03 pm

Jackielou wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:54 pm
The one test could not be done. I needed to sign papers and be put another list. Seems that this problem (suspicious cells) is pretty rampet this year. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that I get in sooner rather then later.
Oh no. I hope you get in very quickly so you can put this all behind you.
Again....hang in there.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:14 pm

I reviewed all my online accounts. Updated user names as needed and made sure I had the correct passwords in my spreadsheet.

I then printed out the sheet and also emailed it to myself. Don't want to lose that info.

littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:23 pm

clemencia2us wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:14 pm
I reviewed all my online accounts. Updated user names as needed and made sure I had the correct passwords in my spreadsheet.

I then printed out the sheet and also emailed it to myself. Don't want to lose that info.
Clem, I did the same thing today. Have all my paperwork organized for filing my taxes, just waiting to get my paperwork from my broker, and 1099's in. I made a list of who I should get them from and will check them off as they come in. I have a specific file basket that I put them in in the office until I'm ready to do.

Keep me posted on the catfish friend. I know what it's like to be lonely and my heart goes out to her, but she sure doesn't sound like she's using her head at all in this situation, but letting her heart make her decisions for herself.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:56 pm

littlemiss63 wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:23 pm
Clem, I did the same thing today. Have all my paperwork organized for filing my taxes, just waiting to get my paperwork from my broker, and 1099's in. I made a list of who I should get them from and will check them off as they come in. I have a specific file basket that I put them in in the office until I'm ready to do.

Keep me posted on the catfish friend. I know what it's like to be lonely and my heart goes out to her, but she sure doesn't sound like she's using her head at all in this situation, but letting her heart make her decisions for herself.
I'm trying to be more organized. I want to be ready when i make my next big move. I haven't bought any new clothes or shoes - :mrgreen: . I want to downsize in that area.

I will let you know if anything comes up with the catfish. My other crazy friend (bad MIL) thinks she is in physical danger from these people. I tell her, they just want money. She probably already sent him money for her plane ticket and he just keeps putting her off. This is basically what these people are after - money. Its a job for them.

And crazy MIL friend - don't know what to say to her. Her two daughter in laws kind of don't like her. I can see where they would have concerns. That is why i call her crazy MIL. I do think both are just lonely and need a man in their lives. They both got married to young to dominating guys and now i guess they are finding it hard to have a regular relationship.