Daily Check In January 17, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
littlemiss63

Re: Daily Check In January 17, 2019

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good Morning Everyone,

I slept good last night, but went to bed quite early 9:00 and I woke up feeling refreshed and since I have several things that I want to accomplish today I got up.

Jackie, I totally sympathize with you, the not knowing and waiting drives me crazy too. I can deal with things much better if I know exactly what is going on with my body. I know these doctors and technicians have to detach themselves from patients because it would drive them nuts if they had feelings for everyone of us, but you would think they would have a little sympathy for making their patients wait such a long time for test results. Hate the limbo, and I will keep you in my prayers.

DG, our weatherman hit his forecast, it's raining cats and dogs here this morning. I am not going to complain either, like I said I would rather have it than snow. They are even saying we could get some snow this week-end. I hope not for that will mean another Sunday of not being able to go to church. I can see it on the internet, but I miss the camaraderie of seeing my friends. Thanks for thinking about me and so glad your husband is doing well. Cataract surgery is wonderful.

LWolf, thank you for thinking of me and hang I will do.

Penny, hope you had a good night. We are all falling apart. :lol: :lol:

I have decided that to keep myself busy I will clean the house for the luncheon or at least start now doing deep cleaning and see how I fair. I want it to be sparkling and if I can do inside window washing, dusting the crown moulding and getting the baseboards in shape it should be easy the week of the luncheon to put the final touches on. I have decided what tablecloths and runners I will use for my tables and I plan on ironing those today. Yesterday I got the plates, silverware and stemware all washed. My co-hostess and I have the menu all worked out. She wanted to do most of the cooking, so I agreed. She's really doing more than her share, but so what she's younger than I am. :roll:

I thought I might do my beef stew last night, but I was just to tired so will get it done today. I plan on making a pan of cornbread and freezing it to eat with the stew the next few weeks. I haven't made it in awhile and I paid over $7.00 for stew meat, so I can tell that prices are increasing on beef. Glad I don't eat a whole lot of it.

I hope that all of you have a wonderful day. Stay safe and warm.

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc »

Last night I emptied the dishwasher and dish drainer one piece at a time. Putting my roasting pan into the drawer under my oven meant that I had to take every thing out of the drawer and then piece at a time put everything back.

I had a good night last night. This morning I was able to shower with plastic bags over my hand. That shower though a very quick one felt wonderful.

I have some use of my left hand without pain or discomfort. I was able to open my milk carton. I put the carton up agains the microwave, and was able to hold it in place with my left arm while I pulled the little tab with my right hand.

Breakfast was blueberry muffins and a glass of milk. I filled my Keurig with a quart measuring cup.

I have a few dishes to wash this morning. Plastic bags mean I can wash them.

Penny

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning all.

Jackie, I’m glad that you are home and hope that you get the tests completed and results as soon as possible. Smart move to join the hotel rewards program.

It is a cool morning here but sunny and is expected to reach the high 60s/low 70s this afternoon. I’ll go to mom’s house later this morning to get the trash ready for tomorrow’s pickup. I already have three bags from the yard and may try to get another bag. I’m taking a box of tea and a box of hot chocolate packets to keep at mom’s house. The other day I was in the mood for a hot beverage and only had some sample packets of flavored instant coffee. I’m not a fan of coffee. Mom had a whole box of tea bags but I donated them to the food pantry awhile ago.

In addition to my trip to Canada this summer, I’m “thinking” of going to London again in November to feel the Christmas atmosphere. British Airways is a partner to American Airlines (as well as a couple international airlines). I’ve been hoarding AA miles for years, actually US Air miles before they merged with AA. A few years ago I got the AA credit card which I use once in awhile only to keep the AA miles active when I was unable to travel. It finally dawned on me to check the AA mileage rewards chart and I almost have enough (lacking 2,500 miles) for an off-peak round trip to London. November would be off peak. If booked on AA, the actual flight would be on British Airways. So ... I’ll be using my AA card more to try to get the extra 2,500 miles I need.

I cleaned out my Twitter account of almost all “political” people to follow. I was getting too many weird “followers” there. So I’ll stick to following figure skating and the Royal Family.

Have a good day.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. We have a warm up going on. It is 32 going up to 40 but with rain moving in.. I am hoping it will melt down the snow in my driveway. My aide is running errands for me today and then tomorrow she will bring them to my house. Nice that we can do things over the phone and she can get paid for doing things she would normally do for me except she cannot get up my driveway. She does have the cash to pay for the few things I need and she will pick up my blood pressure pills. I do not have a co-pay on medications so that is not a problem for her. Tomorrow it is going to be even warmer maybe 49 but then rain changing to snow tomorrow evening with 2 to 5 inches of snow in to Saturday. If I can get my driveway cleared with the rain and my car is still stuck I will call AAA and have them pull me out of whatever is causing me to be stuck. I might have backed in to soft dirt.. Anyway hopefully tomorrow my car will be free one way or the other. Not much else going on here. I do love snow so not feeling any kind of cabin fever and have a lot of things to keep me busy..

Teddi has been good about going out to potty now that he has adjusted his mind that snow is an ok thing. He is even spending time outdoors running around and sniffing and checking things out. The snow is not as deep along the pine trees and fence area so he usually goes there..

Keeping all of those in need of prayers for various reasons in my thoughts and prayers for a good outcome soon. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

floridacatlover wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:01 am
Good morning all.

Jackie, I’m glad that you are home and hope that you get the tests completed and results as soon as possible. Smart move to join the hotel rewards program.

It is a cool morning here but sunny and is expected to reach the high 60s/low 70s this afternoon. I’ll go to mom’s house later this morning to get the trash ready for tomorrow’s pickup. I already have three bags from the yard and may try to get another bag. I’m taking a box of tea and a box of hot chocolate packets to keep at mom’s house. The other day I was in the mood for a hot beverage and only had some sample packets of flavored instant coffee. I’m not a fan of coffee. Mom had a whole box of tea bags but I donated them to the food pantry awhile ago.

In addition to my trip to Canada this summer, I’m “thinking” of going to London again in November to feel the Christmas atmosphere. British Airways is a partner to American Airlines (as well as a couple international airlines). I’ve been hoarding AA miles for years, actually US Air miles before they merged with AA. A few years ago I got the AA credit card which I use once in awhile only to keep the AA miles active when I was unable to travel. It finally dawned on me to check the AA mileage rewards chart and I almost have enough (lacking 2,500 miles) for an off-peak round trip to London. November would be off peak. If booked on AA, the actual flight would be on British Airways. So ... I’ll be using my AA card more to try to get the extra 2,500 miles I need.

I cleaned out my Twitter account of almost all “political” people to follow. I was getting too many weird “followers” there. So I’ll stick to following figure skating and the Royal Family.

Have a good day.
Florida Cat.. That has always been a dream of mine to got to London around Christmas time.. I will be looking forward to hearing how things go.Glad you are able to do so much traveling.. Wish I had the money and the energy to do the same.. Enjoy! Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

alliesmama4 wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:09 am
Good morning. We have a warm up going on. It is 32 going up to 40 but with rain moving in.. I am hoping it will melt down the snow in my driveway. My aide is running errands for me today and then tomorrow she will bring them to my house. Nice that we can do things over the phone and she can get paid for doing things she would normally do for me except she cannot get up my driveway. She does have the cash to pay for the few things I need and she will pick up my blood pressure pills. I do not have a co-pay on medications so that is not a problem for her. Tomorrow it is going to be even warmer maybe 49 but then rain changing to snow tomorrow evening with 2 to 5 inches of snow in to Saturday. If I can get my driveway cleared with the rain and my car is still stuck I will call AAA and have them pull me out of whatever is causing me to be stuck. I might have backed in to soft dirt.. Anyway hopefully tomorrow my car will be free one way or the other. Not much else going on here. I do love snow so not feeling any kind of cabin fever and have a lot of things to keep me busy..

Teddi has been good about going out to potty now that he has adjusted his mind that snow is an ok thing. He is even spending time outdoors running around and sniffing and checking things out. The snow is not as deep along the pine trees and fence area so he usually goes there..

Keeping all of those in need of prayers for various reasons in my thoughts and prayers for a good outcome soon. Janet Alliesmama
Janet, if you are able to get your car unstuck before the next snow, could you park it at the bottom of your driveway? I’m not sure if your driveway ends on a busy road or a local road, but another option might be to park it in front of your house on the street. This might not be possible with roadway snow removal rules.

My mom’s best friend in Massachusetts lived on a hill with a long driveway. When snow was predicted she parked in a pullout area on the local street in front of her house.