Daily Check in January 19, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check in January 19, 2019

Post by floridacatlover »

LogicsHere wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:00 am I also as a Christmas present to myself, bought the old TV series "Hotel". I could start watching those as well since there are 115 episodes in the collection.
I used to love that program and in the past have looked to see if I could find it streaming. Where did you buy the set? DVDs I presume? I hope that you enjoy watching.

Good luck with the storm.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Either the night passed by really fast or I didn’t get much sleep either

The pups had to go out about 7 and I decided to stay up

Do remember having weird dreams

The sun is out but it is chilly and kind of windy.

Maybe I’ll set up the new iPad today

Have a great day
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Wowsers it's cold here today! Minus 34 degrees C and minus 40 degrees C when you consider the wind chill factor. Needless to say no outdoor walking/skiing/snowshoeing for me today. It's past my threshold of comfort. Dh and I will be venturing out to gas up my car though. He's already poked his nose outside to plug my car into the block heater. We don't allow our cars to get any emptier than a quarter of a tank in this extreme cold. Since we are at Canadian Tire we'll also check out some new lightbulbs we need to replace in the basement rec room. They are fluorescent. We only have two out of the four lights working properly.

I have no need of groceries but do have a few items to get from the drug store. I haven't reviewed this week's flyers so will do so before planning any shopping trip.

I am happy as I have already accomplished quite a bit. I too was an early riser (around 5:15 a.m.) but have dusted the main floor, windexed all the windows, finished two loads of laundry and changed our bedsheets and re-made the bed. Aside from our errands, I have plenty of household chores and reading/hobbies to keep me occupied inside. If I get really antsy I could always do some stairclimbing. That's a really good workout! Just running up and down our two flights of stairs 10 times or more. DD's cat looks at us totally confused when we do that.

Creative
delighted99

Post by delighted99 »

Good morning all,

I haven't posted here in forever it seems like. I'm going to try and get to the gym soon. I'm trying to exercise more and lately I've been doing at home workouts. But still paying for a gym membership.. have to put it to use!

I will not be cooking at all today. I cooked last night and the dishes are still laying around. DH and I just said we'd deal with it today. It's been a long week! I have a healthy recipe for a baked cod if anyone is interested.

littlemiss63 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:44 am Good Morning Everyone,

I know that I am going to cause heart attacks all over the country as you've never seen me up this early in the morning. Can't sleep.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

littlemiss63 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:44 am Good Morning Everyone,

I know that I am going to cause heart attacks all over the country as you've never seen me up this early in the morning. Can't sleep.
Good morning LittleMiss

In regards to your Walmart post, I don't think this will cut jobs. There was usually only one person in the back area handling the lay-away and in store pickup. Will probably be the same person doing this.

Walmart does offer free shipping if your order totals 49 dollars. I'll do that sometimes. I don't have Amazon Prime but always manage to score free shipping. It is free if you don't mind getting it in 4 or 5 days instead of 2.
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

clemencia2us wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:09 am Good morning LittleMiss

In regards to your Walmart post, I don't think this will cut jobs. There was usually only one person in the back area handling the lay-away and in store pickup. Will probably be the same person doing this.

Walmart does offer free shipping if your order totals 49 dollars. I'll do that sometimes. I don't have Amazon Prime but always manage to score free shipping. It is free if you don't mind getting it in 4 or 5 days instead of 2.

Clem, I don't think this type of automation could help but eliminate jobs so I researched it this morning. Here's an article on it you might want to read. Walmart is making lots of changes and I can already see it being done in my local area. The cashier positions have already been reduced by customers doing self-scanning. There are only half of the lanes there now that use to be and I know several people who were working there who's jobs have been eliminated.

https://www.techspot.com/news/66199-wal ... -jobs.html