How Do You Manage Your Stash

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

How Do You Manage Your Stash

Post by Jackielou »

I am cleaning/straightening my sewing/craft room and am overwhelmed by all the fabric and yarn I have.

Just wondering what the rest of you do to corral your stashes?
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
BevMoore

Re: How Do You Manage Your Stash

Post by BevMoore »

Lots of large see through totes. A couple of nice chest of drawers I have gotten for free. Out of sight-out of mind. :mrgreen:

Bev
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

The only stashes I have are paper towels and toilet paper, so pretty easy to handle.

I don't like to have a bunch of stuff around.
rinty

Post by rinty »

Jackielou wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:37 pm I am cleaning/straightening my sewing/craft room and am overwhelmed by all the fabric and yarn I have.

Just wondering what the rest of you do to corral your stashes?
Overwhelmed says it all.

One thing I did from last year was JUST SAY NO when well meaning people try to downsize their stash into yours and you look at their stuff and think, this is good stuff , I can't let it go to waste .

I threw away , yep , just CHUCKED AWAY an entire blue IKEA tote of all donated items. I had tried to use them in Craft Cub but just not worth the mental energy. Out it went.

I remember a couple of years ago realsing all these organising bloggers were just showing me hwo to store my crap IN A CUTER WAY so I use what I have .

Today I am USING UP a small boxfull on making a very large volcano for a 6 yr old ;)
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Open shelves and stacking bins, by color and type. I use smaller open bins on metal shelves for each color group.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Actually, I have done a poor job of that in the past. My stashes tend to be sheets of metal and wood rather than domestic stuff. I do have domestic stuff, but hubs hounds me about the wood and metal. In my case, I have decided to have the handyman build me another open sided shed adjacent to the regular shed at the corner of the property. I really like his first open shed adjacent to the house. I store garden equipment in it. However, the goal is to get some of the metal out of the regular shed and arrange it in the adjacent open shed. The wood needs the protection of the regular shed. The metal does not. The regular shed is so disorganized that I can't build stuff. So I end up using the porch and that means we can't use it as intended.

My inside stash is pretty minimal. I store it in tubs which I store in the bottom of the dry closet. I also have a couple of "table" storage units, meaning the top acts as an end table while holding stuff. It is easy to clear off to open because all our lights are floor lights.