Daily Check in Jan 21, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Jan 21, 2019

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

Very cold in my part of the world. But let's get started!
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check in Jan 21, 2019

Post by mbrudnic »

Hello again,

Just texted my Mom that I am working from home again so she does not worry. Nice to know someone worries about me.

It is interesting watching the news coverage of the Kentucky high schoolers and the Native American in DC. It seems the initial video did not show the whole story. I know that high school boys en mass and not the most intelligent. I also find it interesting how the one boy was simply standing there, albeit with a smirk on his face and an inappropriate hat on his head, but his actions were widely condemned. But it seems the initial reports were incredibly biased and there is some responsibility on all sides. This high school is just across the river from my work city, so in that news reporting area.

Anyways, have a great day,
Maggie
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning everyone,

Very, very cold outside. Dd will really need to bundle up to walk to work. Good thing we live less than a mile away.

It is supposed to warm up quickly so is that is the case I will go to Snowshoe Adventure Club. I can handle-18 degrees C.

Apart from that I will be staying home and catching up on housework. Two of the bathrooms need cleaning.

Creative
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

mbrudnic wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:21 am Hello again,

Just texted my Mom that I am working from home again so she does not worry. Nice to know someone worries about me.

It is interesting watching the news coverage of the Kentucky high schoolers and the Native American in DC. It seems the initial video did not show the whole story. I know that high school boys en mass and not the most intelligent. I also find it interesting how the one boy was simply standing there, albeit with a smirk on his face and an inappropriate hat on his head, but his actions were widely condemned. But it seems the initial reports were incredibly biased and there is some responsibility on all sides. This high school is just across the river from my work city, so in that news reporting area.

Anyways, have a great day,
Maggie
I watched the new video and I don’t buy the student’s story. Nope, not at all.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Well considering how crazy our weather has been over the past while, I shouldn't have been surprised to wake up this morning to temperatures almost 15 degrees higher than yesterday. I have said it before and will say it again, this up and down temperature thing is what is making everyone ill. No one knows how to dress anymore.

I have my usual Monday to do list to accomplish along with baking some bread. As is customary Monday is once again my busiest day as far as household chores.

Soon it will be spring and I will be making my spring cleaning lists. I would really like a repainting of walls and ceilings this year but will more than likely only get half the house repainted.

I am continuing the goal list I made myself for the month, and I have managed to accomplish quite a few of them. However I am pretty sure some will be moving into next month and more will be added. Hand quilting takes a very long time, but I will not give up, even a bit done each day means I am that much closer to finishing another project. At this point though I do wish I was a bit more proficient at freestyle machine quilting...… I guess that is something I need to work on.

The prayer service I took part in last night was not well attended. There were 11 of us there. This includes the participants 6 of us, and the organist. So 4 who were not part of the prayer service to begin with. Very poor turn out, some could be because of the weather, and some because people do not care any longer.

This year the whole service was about justice. The theme was well thought out and carried through the entire service which was nice. One of the leaders was a bit out there, but he is young and full of spunk.

Frugally speaking, I will do my laundry as frugally as possible, there will be no spending again today (always a very good thing), I will make all our meals at home from what is on hand, and the usual using up all that I can in the way of household cleaners and food.

This afternoon I hope to do that hand quilting (finish off the middle cream squares in the blocks I am working on), and watch a few more episodes of the old TV show I picked to binge watch from the beginning. Is it binge watch if you only get to watch 5 episodes an afternoon? This evening I will knit on the headband to match the second pair of mitts I finished last night. This is one goal that is moving along at a nice pace.

The temperature blanket has lots of colour changes in it, and if I ever did this again I think I just might make each day 2 rows instead of one. The finished product could look very nice once done though, and I am using up yarn from the stash which is always a very good thing.

Supper tonight is going to be Pork chops. Just not too sure how I am going to make them and what the sides will be.

Today I am grateful for my fully stocked pantry, fridge and freezers.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Yes Maggie, the video of the Catholic boys has been shown to be cut to slant the incident to make those boys look bad. Very sad. It seems that there has been an increasing attack on Catholics by the so called liberal left. The Judge candidate, Amy was accused of possible bias in judgments calls because she was a practicing Catholic. The recent demand that a Catholic judge candidate resign from Knights of Columbus because the group support Catholic views of marriage. And now an attack on a group of Catholic boys waiting for a bus. Having raised boys, this so called "smirk" is how boys get when they don't know what they should do. Boys can't appear scared, so they get this weird smile. A elected official now wants to ban the hat because it gives people bad thoughts. The wife of Vice President Pence is under attack for teaching art at a Christian school that supports the traditional view of marriage. I am glad that the truth of what happened is coming out. Certainly is sad that people aren't willing to get the whole story and prefer to jump to conclusions.