Daily Check In October 13, 2015

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check In October 13, 2015

Post by MackerelCat »

Rinty, it's a wonder you and your DH didn't get sick from that soup. Fish that tastes metallic has usually begun to go bad before it was processed. Yuck.

I got all my planned chores done today along with stripping the bed, flipping the mattress, slats and box springs, and vacuuming the bed frame. That pretty much qualified as a gym workout for the day. :-D

Also mended a few rips in the mattress pad. I think at least one of them was from our old cat, who is a very big boy, reaching up and trying to pull himself up on the bed by his front claws. I'll have to examine the sheet to see if he tore that too. He was pulling himself up on things for a while until I got him a senior cat supplement that helps with the arthritis in his hips. Now that he's on the supplement, he can make the short jump from the floor to the bed again.
Mackie

jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Update:
Well I have had a semi-productive day...I cleaned and rearranged the sunroom, took stock of what I had in the fridge, cabinets and freezer and decided what to cook I have a tiny chicken in the crock pot, put it in the pot frozen and will cook it all night... chicken chili is on its way. I also thawed some black raspberries, they are destined to become seedless raspberry pie and the venison tenderloins are going to end up in a beef and rice dish or in a shepherds pie. Love shepherds pie.
I finished a Nora Roberts book, light easy reading. I don't know if I have ever read her stuff before? I read a Rosemary Pilchard novel yesterday, it was a little dated but I still enjoyed it, it was set in Scotland, so good backround descriptions
Raked some pine needles and leaves, will do some more tomorrow. My woods is developing some pretty color. I hope it lasts for a while.
Tomorrow I will pick the meat from the chicken and add corn, beans, onion, celery diced tomatoes, green chilis and cream cheese. Good stuff !
I will make the pie and shepherds pie sometime tomorrow also. Lots of plans lets see if I can keep my nose out of the books long enough to get stuff done.
Have a great night all,
Thank you Jackie for getting the crap spammers away from us.
JCKitty

mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Hello everyone,

It was a whirlwind weekend. If anyone saw all of the media coverage of the couple who were married in the middle of the Chicago Marathon, That was our friend. It was actually a fun weekend. We drove home early yesterday.

Tonight we took a 2 mile walk after dinner. Dinner was chicken & green beans stir fried with a ginger sauce and Rice. DS did not compliment it but he had seconds.

He seemed to do well over the weekend. He did work and my parents talked him into going ot their house for dinner Saturday night. Mom and Dad were keeping DGS while DS1 and DDIL went on a date night.

Have a great night,
Maggie

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

bump