Daily Check In January 31, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Re: Daily Check In January 31, 2019

Post by LogicsHere » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:09 pm

littlemiss63 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:44 am

I think that any system would give you the capabilities of printing off the return, can you look in the help section to see if that is addressed? I love Turbo Tax and I think they offer a free tax filing program.
I haven't checked the other free services but did go to TurboTax Free and unfortunately it can't handle income or deductions shown on Schedule 1. I have to use Schedule 1 this year because I had gambling winnings of $1000 last year. Have to check the e-file the government uses. The refund I'll be getting back isn't worth buying the software or paying for it.

rinty

Post by rinty » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:12 pm

Just to say prayers said for you Littlemiss and your son, prayed for you too Jackie and glad to hear your good results.

Hoping against hope here for a Snow Day :)

In British terms that a light flurry and some icy roads.........

Came home to a lovely pork casserole, dessert was , or will be, hot chocolate with black cherry syrup.

Feeling overwhelmed with DS stuff so enjoying anything that takes my mind off it. Todays Mellow Moment came courtesy of a Small Boys incessant demands for the correct spellings of......

TSUNAMI

AFTERSHOCK

TECTONIC

Seriously cannot wait to read HIS " What I did this weekend " story. The imagination :shock:

Came home to a call from Middle Son. Hes rethinking us babysitting and wants to change days, no worries, he also thinks it would be cool if we all ate together Sunday so hes rung round and they're all coming :shock: LAST week we cooked a turkey .............call me a miserable old bag but I don't WANT to cook another turkey this weekend, but there aren't many options for feeding 14 and the little grandchildren.......... They will expect and be hoping for a Roast Dinner.

Hope I get a snow day so I can pysch myself up to all that cooking

BevMoore

Post by BevMoore » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:52 pm

Hello all,

A day to play :D Bowling this morning. My game is slowly improving and eating more home prepared and plant based foods mean the inflammation is simmering down. The past several weeks I have been able to bowl and to work without using OTC pain meds. I need to get my 6 month A1C test done to see where I am at as far as diabetes. I do not want to go on medicine so trying to cut back o the =carbs and starches.

After bowling I was invited to play cards. A couple of people wanted to learn how to play Spades so two of us taught the game. We played the whole time and had lots of fun. I hope to be able to do this again. I love me some good card games. I think as I phase out of working I will find some more card games.

Rain the next six days. Woo hoo! Clean air for me to breathe which I am sure will make me feel a lot better. I need to figure out how to stop the dirty air from coming into my house on bad air days. I do not want to have to move away because I do a lot here.

Bill paying this weekend. I will plan to do that Saturday.

Bev

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:40 pm

BevMoore wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:52 pm
Hello all,

A day to play :D Bowling this morning. My game is slowly improving and eating more home prepared and plant based foods mean the inflammation is simmering down. The past several weeks I have been able to bowl and to work without using OTC pain meds. I need to get my 6 month A1C test done to see where I am at as far as diabetes. I do not want to go on medicine so trying to cut back o the =carbs and starches.

After bowling I was invited to play cards. A couple of people wanted to learn how to play Spades so two of us taught the game. We played the whole time and had lots of fun. I hope to be able to do this again. I love me some good card games. I think as I phase out of working I will find some more card games.

Rain the next six days. Woo hoo! Clean air for me to breathe which I am sure will make me feel a lot better. I need to figure out how to stop the dirty air from coming into my house on bad air days. I do not want to have to move away because I do a lot here.

Bill paying this weekend. I will plan to do that Saturday.

Bev
Bev have you heard of Chocolate Covered Katie? She is a vegan and has a lot of yummy foods on her site. I am a diabetic and my diabetic nurse told me to limit my carbs to no more than 45 carbs per meal. The title of Katie's recipes sound decadent but the foods are made with healthy ingredients. She attaches a nutrition guide so you can check calories and carbs and some that I have checked have weight watchers points also. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:20 am

Its a late night check-in for me. I'll have to catch up on everyone's happenings over the weekend, or on Monday.

I just finished updating my gradebook as much as I can considering I only brought home the assignments paper gradebook, so could not enter in today's "Roll of Thunder Hear My Cry" chapter 4 quiz scores. Will have to do that tomorrow along with tomorrow's spelling test scores -- thankfully that test is online, MUCH LESS grading for me to do, yay!!

LOL, I changed my seating chart again, tonight at school. Oh won't those whiny picky kids be surprised??!! Well I changed the whole seating/desk arrangement. ARGH!! I know it's petty, but I've gotten AWFULLY tired of these students begging me to move them next to X "I promise I won't talk." Um yeah right!

I'm calling the new seating arrangement my parting gift ... well actually, if they are very good in class tomorrow, I'll boost their Extra Credit class points by 5-7 additional points; I'm hoping it is ENOUGH incentive for them to be good, or better than the rest of this week.

Oh yeah, tomorrow is my last day of Long-Term Subbing!! I'm soo looking forward to a break from some whiny middle school children. :D I did accept other subbing assignments for next week, one which I realized is for the other middle school -- I think I may cancel that one and keep the High School ones.

Dinner tonight was homemade GF Tomato Bisque (Dh recipe), and pizzas. I have 2 pieces leftover GF pizza for lunch tomorrow.

Am off to bed, so I can wake up at 5:30am to do it all over again, though Test Fridays are typically MUCH, Much calmer... I'm hoping to leave school tomorrow before 4:30pm. MUST REMEMBER to turn my key back in too!!

Happy February tomorrow!! I've just realized that I worked every day but one, of school in January... I'm looking forward to that larger paycheck next month. :D

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:29 am

rinty wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:12 pm
Just to say prayers said for you Littlemiss and your son, prayed for you too Jackie and glad to hear your good results.

Hoping against hope here for a Snow Day :)

In British terms that a light flurry and some icy roads.........

Came home to a lovely pork casserole, dessert was , or will be, hot chocolate with black cherry syrup.

Feeling overwhelmed with DS stuff so enjoying anything that takes my mind off it. Todays Mellow Moment came courtesy of a Small Boys incessant demands for the correct spellings of......

TSUNAMI

AFTERSHOCK

TECTONIC

Seriously cannot wait to read HIS " What I did this weekend " story. The imagination :shock:

Came home to a call from Middle Son. Hes rethinking us babysitting and wants to change days, no worries, he also thinks it would be cool if we all ate together Sunday so hes rung round and they're all coming :shock: LAST week we cooked a turkey .............call me a miserable old bag but I don't WANT to cook another turkey this weekend, but there aren't many options for feeding 14 and the little grandchildren.......... They will expect and be hoping for a Roast Dinner.

Hope I get a snow day so I can pysch myself up to all that cooking
YOU CAN DO IT!! I have complete faith in your cooking ability!! Either a turkey or a smaller chicken & a ham maybe? Or you could do simpler fare by feeding them baked potatoes (I think you all call them jacket potatoes?) with a variety of toppings like chili, cheesy-broccoli soup, soured cream, grated cheese, butter.... or tell them dinner is Potluck this Sunday and for them ALL to contribute something?