Daily Check In February 4, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check In February 4, 2019

Post by clemencia2us »

What kind of monitor will you have to wear Little Miss?

My distant is wearing one because the doctor didn't like her last exam readings.

She said it is a vest like thing and to her it is heavy.

She's been going through a lot with her family and thinks it is all stress related.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. It is ( 55 F)and going up to( 66 F) today and then this evening the slide back down in to winter with a chance of snow on the week-end. I have been enjoying the nicer Spring like weather.

I am still working on my craft room and today should be the end of getting the clutter out.. There will be days later on when I will sort through things and donate what I no longer need or want.

I have put a lot of recyclables in the trunk of my car and when I go to the bank this afternoon will drop them off. The dumpster is right on my way to my bank.

Have a good and frugal day. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

I didn't sleep last night, last time I looked at the clock it was 3:35 AM and got up at 6:55....a nap this afternoon if at all possible.

I have 2 Pullman loaves of bread in the cooker, laundry done, wood in for just in case and the floors have been vacuumed. Trying to decide if I should run the floor cleaner.
This site is really wonky today...pop ups are going crazy.
Super bowl was a waste of time for me.
Signing off before I lose this post.
JCKitty
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

clemencia2us wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:30 am What kind of monitor will you have to wear Little Miss?

My distant is wearing one because the doctor didn't like her last exam readings.

She said it is a vest like thing and to her it is heavy.

She's been going through a lot with her family and thinks it is all stress related.
Clem, they are making sure that my heart is in tip-top shape for the carotid surgery. I go tomorrow afternoon to get it. Have no idea of what to expect, a vest or what.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Jackielou wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:06 am Good morning fellow frugalites,

The snow is letting up but still coming and the temperature is dropping. I think that it could be another day of just getting the steps cleaned off while we wait for the snow to stop.

Lots to do today as is usual on a Monday in this house and getting up just a bit earlier might see most of it done by the end of the morning.

I plan on being as frugal as possible and going over recipes to see where I can cook extra in order to be ahead of the game for those days I don't or can't cook that might happen (like when I broke my wrist...cooking was extremely difficult for me). I have also let things get out of hand in the fridge freezer and need to use up all those bags of frozen meat stashed in there before I even think of adding more to the mess.

Other frugal happenings here will be laundry washed in cold for some loads, and always rinsed in cold. I will even get a few things on the lines.

Using up some extra cleaning supplies. I really do think things multiply in the dark of an undersink cupboard, kind of like an aemoba, little things split off and make entirely new things.

Working on using up some more of my fabric stash. I have a pattern out for another top and the fabric to make it. I may as well cut it out at some point today and have it ready for my marathon day of sewing coming very soon.

I am down to just a few books on my ereader, so at some point today I will download some free ebooks and perhaps use up what is left of my gift cards by buying the last book in a series.

Supper this evening is going to be leftover ham made into something. I think probably scalloped potato and ham casserole. Serving it with the remaining salad greens and perhaps a different type of dessert (to use up some phylo pastry in the freezer).

Today I am grateful for all those days I get to potter around the house.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie, I LOVE a scalloped potato and ham casserole!
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Sunny and 50 degrees here today! The snow is melting like crazy.
Taking a walk in the frest air and then I need to vac the whole house.
Beautiful day!
I agree...the Super Bowl was a snore.