Daily Check In February 4, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Mrscreative

Re: Daily Check In February 4, 2019

Post by Mrscreative » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:24 am

Meant snow wasn’t coming down too hard.

LWolfT

Post by LWolfT » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:09 am

Good morning ...
It's 46 and raining ...
Jackie, I woke up at 4 a.m., too ... not sure if it was the weather change, or just thinking about stuff ...

Spent most of yesterday pulling together tax statements, etc., and trying to put together an income estimate for ACA. Just prepping for this stuff gives me a headache ...
Anyway, will deal with more Tax/ACA estimates today. Maybe if it stops raining, I'll go take a quick walk.

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:41 am

Good Monday morning,

These cool, damp, overcast days are perfect for late season tomato blight. We have had 2 of those days in a row now. Stays in the 60's, no sun, foggy. I am glad I didn't try to salvage any tomatoes. This is not my work outside weather. This seems to bring out the aches and pains and just down feeling days. Today, the handyman is supposed to finish the shed roof extension. I already went for a walk with my neighbors. The snowbird is joining us. She is having her house painted. She isn't sure she likes the new color suggested by her son. She has a small spot painted and I am not impressed. But not my problem.

If the sun comes out, I hope to do a bit in the garden. Otherwise, it is a read, nap day.

Today, I am grateful that I am retired and can enjoy a no-work day. Have a good day everyone.

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:21 am

I have set the dishwasher off, It was full last night. I didn’t want to set it off just before I went to bed, because of the noise. The dishwasher is now on the drying cycle.

I have a white wash in the dryer. I have folded and put away the sheets.

I need to make a couple of phone calls this morning. Because of the rain I might need to wait a while to take up the bin. As there is a chance of rain every day this week.

I called the dentist about making an appointment re my crown. It seems they are not happy with the amount the insurance company is paying. But that is the contracted amount. My share according to the insurance company is is $319.50.

I am still waiting on a call back from the dentists office.

Penny

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:56 am

Another foggy morning

Not sure if i slept at all! I need to start turning off this TV.

Its laundry day and with this fog, i will wait until it is clear. Hate driving in fog.

I'm having my coffee and catching up on a murder sleuth case. Its crazy what people say. I've never participated in this type of stuff besides watching years of Forensic Files and things like that. Its amazing how people are so different and can only see one viewpoint. As if, they want to hide anything bad that might happen. I guess that makes me a pessimist? :mrgreen:

Have a great day all

littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:00 am

Good Morning Everyone,

It's raining here and predictions are for all week. I don't have a lot that needs doing, but I will probably order the rest of my needed groceries on line and go pick-up just in case. I want need to get out of the car except to go pick up and unload in my nice dry garage when I get home.

Most everything is done for the party as I went ahead and did the cheesecake late yesterday afternoon. It turned out looking great, sure hope it taste as good as it looks. I will be making the strawberry topping to put on it Thursday along with the Cranberry Salad and Cabbage Slaw. Other than touching up the house, dusting and final vacuuming I'm ready.

Haven't heard a thing from the Cardiologist office about the monitor and I was talking to a friend who had to wear one over the week-end and she said they put hers on the day they prescribed it for her. I will call the office if I haven't heard anything by tomorrow. That is one thing for sure an certain they don't seem to get in a hurry for anything, no matter how sick you are.

I was very disappointed in everything about the Super Bowl, teams, half-time show and commercials. Few good ones, but overall wouldn't waste my time looking at. It sure isn't as exciting as it has been in the past. I hope the people who paid for tickets were happy with it, I sure wouldn't have been. I did like the Walmart pick-up ads.

I am watching Ozark on Netflix and really have enjoyed it so far. I think I will watch the rest of it today after I finish up the few chores that I have. I want to make some of the cozies for bowls, but will wait until next week. It's just to uncomfortable with this weather change up and down to sew in the utility room and I will bring my little portable machine to the dining room table when I start this project.

Hope all of you have a wonderful day.