Daily Check In February 9, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In February 9, 2019

Post by Jackielou »

BevMoore wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:07 pm Good morning,

One of my pedestal fans started just humming when I turned it on so After watching you tube videos and Dr. shows :lol: I decided to perform surgery on it. I took it apart right down to the motor. It was caked with dust, lint and other debris so I got it all cleaned out using compressed air and Q-tips. I cleaned everything thoroughly and reassembled it. It works fine now. I am going to do the same with each fan in the house. We get so much dust here and these fans are vital during the hot summer months so now I know how to service them every year. They aren't cheap; those pedestal fans cost upwards to $50.00 even at Costco.

We have a major storm blowing in today so I am going to stay in and work on all the fans and see what else needs fixing. No money will be spent today.

I hope to work on a quilt I am making for a friend of mine. I wish I could machine quilt it but since it is queen size it won't fit through my sewing machine. I don't mind hand quilting, it does take longer to do but is so much easier than trying to shove it through the sewing machine.

I sub for a co-worker on Tuesday and again the following /Tuesday but other than that I have no work lined up. It's too cold and wet.

Well off to fix some lunch. Stay warm!

Bev
Good job on getting that fan fixed.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Well I managed to get some sewing done and plan pn finishing up this project tomorrow. I hope to get another one or two things cut out as well.

Now I am just watching Silent Witness as I finished off the latest season of Midsomer Murders. Will be knittng as well.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good evening all,

Had our "girls day" today...hitting thrift shops. Both DD's needed to get some outdoor clothes for the upcoming spring and summer and oldest grand got a job working in a greenhouse/nursery so she needed to get some suitable clothes. We had so much fun!
I am tired and have a slight headache, I am sure it is this crazy weather.

I picked up some pretty table linens and a couple tank tops...mine are disgusting looking and will be thrown into the rag bag. I wear tank tops under my sweaters in this weather because dad keeps his house so warm, I can't handle it.
Last stop of the day was Dunkin donuts, coffee and the girls bought donuts. I love them but too much sugar for me.

I need to thaw some sort of meat for dads supper tomorrow...maybe ribs.
Off to read and catch up.
JCKitty