Daily Check-in Feb 10, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily Check-in Feb 10, 2019

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I started the hot pad I am making for a housewarming gift for my granddaughter and her husband. I also ripped out the penguin I was working on as I didn’t like how it was coming out.

It is another cold drizzly day, not quite as cold as yesterday or the day before.

I need to slice and package the roast I cooked yesterday.

Penny
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning all.

Creative, I don’t know Rick Steves travel programs are shown in Canada. But he is popular here and I get his email newsletter. Just saw that he has a new program on cruising the Mediterranean, Barcelona to Athens. I haven’t watched it yet but thought you’d be interested. You can watch online, hopefully in Canada, too.

https://www.ricksteves.com/watch-read-l ... eo/tv-show

I have had a lazy morning but just got an email to meet a friend so now I’m scurrying to fix my hair and hope that my laundry is out of the dryer. I don’t leave the dryer on when I’m not home.

Yesterday was good. I enjoyed the glass show but did not sell my plates. I did get the plumbago at Lowes and also some wall plates for the switch and outlet at mom’s house - and one for my house. I’ll put those on today. I plan to take the penta from my patio and plant it in the ground at mom’s house. The penta I planted at mom’s house from my front step is doing well. Then I’ll plant the plumbago in the pot on my patio. That all won’t happen today, probably Tuesday.

I have a fairly busy week (for me) so plan to relax most of this afternoon and evening.

Hope your cold weather passes quickly. It is very warm here so early and I’m not looking forward to the long spring and summer of 90+ F. and 90% humidity. I should be like Clem and refuse to use the word “hot.”
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

another chilly gray morning

Slept okay except when i woke up sweating. I think the COD kicked up the temp. He gets cold easily.

Have my volunteer duty at noon at church. So having my coffee and slowly waking up

Tomorrow should be warmer and the sun might come out.

Hope all have a great day
GMPG54

Post by GMPG54 »

floridacatlover wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:33 am Good morning all.

Creative, I don’t know Rick Steves travel programs are shown in Canada. But he is popular here and I get his email newsletter. Just saw that he has a new program on cruising the Mediterranean, Barcelona to Athens. I haven’t watched it yet but thought you’d be interested. You can watch online, hopefully in Canada, too.

https://www.ricksteves.com/watch-read-l ... eo/tv-show

I have had a lazy morning but just got an email to meet a friend so now I’m scurrying to fix my hair and hope that my laundry is out of the dryer. I don’t leave the dryer on when I’m not home.

Yesterday was good. I enjoyed the glass show but did not sell my plates. I did get the plumbago at Lowes and also some wall plates for the switch and outlet at mom’s house - and one for my house. I’ll put those on today. I plan to take the penta from my patio and plant it in the ground at mom’s house. The penta I planted at mom’s house from my front step is doing well. Then I’ll plant the plumbago in the pot on my patio. That all won’t happen today, probably Tuesday.

I have a fairly busy week (for me) so plan to relax most of this afternoon and evening.

Hope your cold weather passes quickly. It is very warm here so early and I’m not looking forward to the long spring and summer of 90+ F. and 90% humidity. I should be like Clem and refuse to use the word “hot.”
No gardener here,my thumbs are so black even Silk flowers die in my presence but I chuckle when I read plumbago...it sounds like a disease,sorry
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

LWolfT wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:09 am Good morning ..
Janet, looks like you and Maggie may be getting the snow right now ... it's headed this way. And glad Teddi is better!

Got shopping done yesterday. Maggie, is your Meijer selling eggs for 59 cents a dozen? Also finished the first block on the tree skirt ... 8 more to go!

Today, a get things done around the house day ...
LOL, Not sure but I fell like I need to remind you that you are between me and Janet. The weather comes to you before me. But as I look outside , there are flurries coming down. Seems to have just started.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, frugal ones. It's chilly and rainy today in my part of Tennessee. The dogs and DH are all snoozing in the den.

DH and I have been thinking for a couple of years about replacing a broken down microfiber sofa in our living room -- and saving up for it. Friday we took advantage of a President's Day sale and bought a really nice leather sofa that fit the space and our budget for the purchase. We did keep the dogs' chair by the window, where they like to snooze and keep watch. It is not a thing of beauty, but having it keeps them off the sofa.

Otherwise, I spent a small fortune at the grocery store yesterday because we had managed to eat every scrap of leftovers in the fridge and freezer. The fridge was echoing! Since DS has a huge dental bill to pay for, he has been eating at home and saving every penny.

Janet, so glad that Teddi is feeling better. Lots of small breeds have luxating kneecaps, so it is great that you dealt with it right away.
Mackie