Daily Check-in Feb 10, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check-in Feb 10, 2019

Post by alliesmama4 »

I filled my coffee pot this morning and plugged it in and no light to indicate it was on. Moved it to the next plug down nothing and checked the reset button, everything was ok. Bummer no coffee. Then decided to move the pot to another plug in to double check and guess what? I had the plug for my convection oven which is right next to where I was making coffee. Phew disaster averted...lol. Jackie I thought of you on Fridays when you have to go without your coffee for an hour.. I thought, "Oh no!" Due to the snow and ice no coffee until Tuesday.

We do not have any snow right now but a light ice glaze on my deck and the table top. So I just put a little bird food on the table and most went under the able where is is dry. The birds are flocking in. Was not sure what they would be doing due to the rain being icy. However it is a light drizzle. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ..
Janet, looks like you and Maggie may be getting the snow right now ... it's headed this way. And glad Teddi is better!

Got shopping done yesterday. Maggie, is your Meijer selling eggs for 59 cents a dozen? Also finished the first block on the tree skirt ... 8 more to go!

Today, a get things done around the house day ...
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good Sunday morning all,

Up most of the night with the sick kitty. I am diligently giving her the tummy medication and I offered her yet another fresh can of food. She ate a few bites. I kept her inside over night because the weather was going to be rainy with a cold wind. She is not well, but no worse. She yowled to go outside this morning and since it is nicer, I let her out. Outside is her way.

Yesterday was not as productive as some days. When the weather changes and the barometer drops, I hurt a little everywhere and feel so cold. I slept in the afternoon and right after dinner for several hours. Also put on my back brace since I ached back there as well. The sleep made it easier to stay up with the cat, so I feel ok so far today. Continuing the Jackielou pantry challenge. Ground beef from the freezer for dinner last night with some canned goods and leftovers. Nice.

Yesterday, I worked on the area under the new lean-to. Today, I will continue that project. Also washing up winter things prior to storage. Only one day left of cold temperatures predicted.

The leaves just keep on falling. I prefer to use trash cans over leaf bags. Trash cans are re-use. Leaf bags are wasteful and expensive. Since I have accumulated as many cans as I am allowed to put out for yard recycle, it feels frugal. I do feel annoyed that I can't just get the job done at one time. Patience.

Yesterday, my friend in Texas was laid to rest. He had cancer and it just spread and chemo did not work. He suffered. His wife was on FB constantly about it and asking for prayers. My old dance partner was going along to the visitation with a lady he dances with now. From the visitation to an evening dance straight away. He was hopeful there would be food at the visitation. I suggested that would be unusual. He complained that he would not have a chance to get "lubricated". I suggested that might not be what he wants to do. He couldn't decide. Wonder how it went.

Today, I am grateful that there are very few days of cold weather left. I like the warm sun and wonderful Florida weather. I am glad I am in Florida. Have a good day all.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Glad your fur baby is better, Janet.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:57 am I filled my coffee pot this morning and plugged it in and no light to indicate it was on. Moved it to the next plug down nothing and checked the reset button, everything was ok. Bummer no coffee. Then decided to move the pot to another plug in to double check and guess what? I had the plug for my convection oven which is right next to where I was making coffee. Phew disaster averted...lol. Jackie I thought of you on Fridays when you have to go without your coffee for an hour.. I thought, "Oh no!" Due to the snow and ice no coffee until Tuesday.

We do not have any snow right now but a light ice glaze on my deck and the table top. So I just put a little bird food on the table and most went under the able where is is dry. The birds are flocking in. Was not sure what they would be doing due to the rain being icy. However it is a light drizzle. Janet Alliesmama
If I had to go without coffee for two days I would be stock raving crazy and probably not fit to live with.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Dgflorida wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:10 am Glad your fur baby is better, Janet.
Thank you Dg. I hope your fur baby is better soon too.
Janet Alliesmama