Daily check-in Feb 11, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
gaylejackson2

Daily check-in Feb 11, 2019

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Hello friends,

Its just past midnight here, and I’m wide awake. ☹️ I woke up with my neck itching horribly, so washed it & my face, then walked to kitchen to look out windows, and update calendar regarding TOTM’s arrival (another reason to be awake until Midol kicks in).

My look out the window confirmed that we do have a fresh dusting of snow; maybe 1/2” of the promised 1-3” from the “surprise” storm that has been plaguing western & central Utah all weekend, but which didn’t show on dh ‘s & my weather apps until bedtime last night.

I’m slowly feeling better from my flu/cold, although the more I think about it, I think I have had milder versions of both over past 10 days, which combined together for an unpleasant illness (including no voice above whisper that gives out with too much talking, the causes me to cough uncontrollably). Now TOTM has arrived to add to the mix.☹️

Today but later, I hope to wash my bedding. My theory on my itchy neck (very unusual in middle of the night), stems from dh laying his arm across my shoulders as I was dozing off—I suspect that his arm sweated, as it does almost every other time after 5-10 minutes, which soaked my blanket to end up irritating my skin; his sweat Always irritates my skin.

Well am starting to doze so shall post this and try to catch that sleep wave.
Last edited by gaylejackson2 on Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dgflorida

Re: Daily check-in Feb 11, 2019

Post by Dgflorida »

Good Monday morning all,

Another lovely day expected in Florida. Kitty is MIA. She was around yesterday afternoon and then I watched her start a walk about on the property. She never came to the door for dinner and I don't see her this morning. I got a bit of medicine in her yesterday. See if she shows up, is hungry etc. If she is still off her food and thin, take her to the vet if I can catch her.

Have a walk this morning and then an early morning trip to Home Depot to pick up some supplies to fix the window. Another load of laundry, mostly winter stuff to wash prior to storage. Glad winter is over. Forecast says 2 more days this month of days in the 60's. House is unfazed by one day of cooler temperatures, but keep out a sweater and fleece pants. Outside varies from 82F to 62F during a day. Inside from 76F-73F. No furnace use. Frugal win.

Mowing is on the top of the list this afternoon. Tomorrow is headed to rain. A little rain would give me a better chance to complete storage of winter things. Working outside during the light uses my old person energy up. Stopping every 4 hours to feed hubs is tough on project completion.

I need to up my game if I want to lose my winter weight before my trip to Houston in April. Old dance partner opted to go to the funeral on his own. He hated the service(he is an atheist), enjoyed the food. Later went to the evening dance. I was sorry to hear from a friend that the widow would have to go back to work again.

Today, I am grateful that it is another beautiful day. I love living in Florida, far from the cold weather. Have a good day everyone.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Gayle hope you are feeling better and got some much needed sleep.
Dgf hope Kitty shows up and you are able to see what her needs are.

Good morning we are in a small warm up (32 F) now but going to go up to around (37 F) with a light rain falling.

Teddi is vastly improved. He is trying to jump up on things but I do not allow him to do so since he is still in healing mode as far as I am concerned. Also want to prevent future damage.. He is now 40 in doggie years and he has a long way to go and I want him to be as healthy as he can be.

Will be puttering in the kitchen today and that is about all I will get done. I want to try to make a few things ahead. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Hubby's truck is now stuck in the driveway unable to start. He has a tickle charger on it, but does not think it is a battery problem, rather he thinks it just might be the starter. His idea is that there may be some ice in it and once the weather improves it could start up. We shall see. Hubby is also not to certain that the tickle charger is working as he says it isn't moving off a certain number. I told him perhaps it is time to invest in a new one as this one is about 37 years old and nothing lasts forever.

Usual frugal happenings here for a Monday. Laundry done as frugally as possible (especially now that we might have the added expense of a truck fix as well as a car fix), using up cleaning products to get the under sink area cleaned up, working on various projects, and just plain living a frugal and happy life.

I finished the top I had cut out before Christmas, but I really do not like the fabric. Perhaps I will like it more after washing and drying. Right now it seems full of static and doesn't seem to hang correctly. The first one I made was with a thicker knit and was just lovely.

I cut out a knit skirt last night and as it is a pattern I have made numerous times should and will be a breeze to sew up. In looking at said pattern I can still use it if I lose more weight which is a really good thing. I would hate to have to order more patterns on line. Those things are very expensive unless on sale. I may even cut into some more knit today and make another top...Just not too sure of why I bought the knit fabric I am thinking of using.

Got the water and utilities (garbage and recycling pick up) bill yesterday and am surprised at how much it is. Really water usage is not that bad, it is all that is added on. Drives me crazy!!! Our water usage itself was just over $33, but all the added stuff brought it to $179.00. We pay around that every two months. I have no idea of how on earth I could get that much lower.

I finished off Silent Witness yesterday and have started to watch Hamish Macbeth episodes now. Not sure about this one, but the characters are based on M.C. Beatons novels and I did enjoy those.

Supper tonight was supposed to be soup and sandwiches according to my menu plan, but we have leftovers from Saturday that need using up so we will eat those and instead of the Tuna Casserole on Friday we will have the soup and sandwiches.... Mainly because youngest DS could be home and he dislikes Tuna Casserole.

Off to get a few things done before I have my treadmill work out.

Today I am grateful that the weather is once again slightly warmer.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning all.

Gayle, take care of yourself. Hope you are not subbing at least for the next few days. Relax as much as you can.

Jackie, hope your DH can get the truck started and hope it is not blocking in your other vehicle.

Last night I was able to look at my bloodwork results online and was very pleased. Chloresterol is still a bit above 200 but a lot lower than last time and good chloresterol and triglycerides are both very good (even better than in the past). Everything else normal. I know my doctor who I’ll see later this week will be pleased. I’m not going to become complacent. Still struggle to cut down on bread products and also cheese.

Later this morning the a/c guy will look at where it is leaking. Hopefully nothing serious but I’m starting to think maybe now is the time to replace the system. It is 14 years old. Biggest consideration is Pippi. I could put her at mom’s house for the day. Access to my attic is through a panel in the ceiling upstairs so workers will be in the house a lot. Last time I replaced the a/c when Pippi was 2 she was so petrified she spent much of the day cowering behind the washing machine. (Not sure she could fit there now.)

I had a nice dream last night about mom and I touring around Oxford, England. Mom never visited Oxford but I’ve been to both Oxford and Cambridge (liked Cambridge better). No idea why the dream except I was watching the red carpet at BAFTA (British Academy Awards) last night on YouTube.

Looking forward to watching my guy speak in El Paso tonight. (No, not the bully.)

Glad the weather is warming up for many of you.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ...

Looking sloppy outside after last night's snow ...

Not a lot to report: Did start cutting squares for the next tree skirt block; think I may have settled on a dental plan.
Have an appointment today, but otherwise, just the usual stuff going on in my bit of the world.

Jackie, hope the car issues get straightened out. And I hear you on the water bill. We're in the same boat: there's no real way to cut back those add-ons.