Printer Ink

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
littlemiss63

Re: Printer Ink

Post by littlemiss63 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:27 pm

I have an HP and I always buy from E-bay. Have never had any problems with the cartridges. Ohjodi, some very good tips, never thought about taking them out, but I sure will now. Walgreens, use to refill cartridges, but mine doesn't do them anymore.

LWolfT

Post by LWolfT » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:13 am

I buy remanufactured cartridges from an online company that offers discounts/free shipping pretty frequently. Hadn't thought of eBay ...
Costco's another place that offers refills ...

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:27 am

LWolfT wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:13 am
I buy remanufactured cartridges from an online company that offers discounts/free shipping pretty frequently. Hadn't thought of eBay ...
Costco's another place that offers refills ...
Hmmm, I will need to check into that... Right now it would be cheaper for us to buy a new printer every time we run out of ink, but then I think of the hassel of getting it set up.

LWolfT

Post by LWolfT » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:30 am

Jackielou wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:27 am
Hmmm, I will need to check into that... Right now it would be cheaper for us to buy a new printer every time we run out of ink, but then I think of the hassel of getting it set up.
LOL! It would be cheaper, wouldn't it? Sort of like razors/razor blades ...

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:45 am

I’d be interested to hear where Jodi and LWolfT buy the remanufactured cartridges.

My old printer was a HP and like LittleMiss I used to get them refilled at Walgreens but I’m pretty sure they don’t to that any more at my store.

I never thought of eBay but will check there. My old HP had a single color cartridge but my Brother has three individual colors. They are narrow so I wonder if the remanufactured are available.

I’m going to look into Jodi’s tip of printing in greyscale, too.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:31 am

floridacatlover wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:45 am
I’d be interested to hear where Jodi and LWolfT buy the remanufactured cartridges.

My old printer was a HP and like LittleMiss I used to get them refilled at Walgreens but I’m pretty sure they don’t to that any more at my store.

I never thought of eBay but will check there. My old HP had a single color cartridge but my Brother has three individual colors. They are narrow so I wonder if the remanufactured are available.

I’m going to look into Jodi’s tip of printing in greyscale, too.
I have always printed in greyscale. My printer tells me how much ink I have saved on a project and it is never below 15%, most of the time it is 25%.

Not saying I don't print in colour, because I do, but only the things that need to be in colour (pictures for one).