Daily Check-In: 2/12/19

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
littlemiss63

Re: Daily Check-In: 2/12/19

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good Morning Everyone,

The weatherman didn't miss his forecast and we've had rain up the yazoo. It did stop for a little while yesterday and I got out to run the necessary errands before it started again. The Cumberland is awfully high, but the Corp of Engineers seem to be doing a pretty good job of controlling it at the dam. I'm so thankful that I live high on a hill and don't have to worry about being in a low lying level where there is a chance of water coming into the house. I've seen some of those homes and what a mess. A good friend of mine got flooded out a few years ago and it was unbelievable to clean up.

Daily chores are done for the day and I'm hoping to get in a little sewing this afternoon. Tomorrow if it isn't raining I want to go to either Hobby Lobby or Michaels and look for a couple of frames for prints that I ordered for Mr. B and I of a picture of the main street of the little town where we were both raised. The photographer was a friend of ours who worked for one of the Memphis papers for years and he does some beautiful photography. He's now retired and living back in our home town.

I am really enjoying my e-book on George HW Bush's political life, Destiny and Power. It's fun to know the real back stories behind some events that actually occurred in my lifetime. I am realizing that he was an even greater man that I had thought he was.

Janet, so so sorry to hear about your fall and glad it wasn't worse than what it was. I am terrified of falling now and will probably cause myself to fall because of being overcautious. However, I take extra precautions, like not going out when the weather is bad and I am very careful about not trying to carry to much at one time. It takes me forever to bring my groceries in now, because I leave one hand free for balance. When I had the broken arm, I rigged me up a laundry basket that I can pull instead of carrying and I've continued to use it. I have such a distance to bring in clothes from the garage laundry room and it's helped tremendously.

CG, Happy Belated Birthday and so glad you had a great cruise. I so agree with you about early mornings and like you I've been trying to get up around 9:00, but some mornings I am not successful. I know my days would be lots more productive if I did, but I don't have a hubby to worry about fixing meals for so don't guess it really matters in the scheme of things. I hate being alone, but sometimes there are advantages too.

Maggie, glad to hear that you finished your annulment process, I know it had to be hard for you, but soul-cleansing as well. Sometimes it does help us to put it down on paper.

DGFlorida, so sorry to hear about your cat. Sure hope things work out.

Well, that is about it for today so I will get off here and find something productive to do and watch it rain.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all!

Something exciting happened today!

The SUN came out - :lol:

It was a strange site. I was almost used to the gloomy weather.

So i did laundry yesterday. I fold everything before i leave of course. I was missing a sock! I looked in all the machines i used. Nada. Figured it was back in the closet somewhere.

Then in the middle of the night i woke up and realized that i had left my pants in one of the dryers. My favorites!!! How could life go on. I figured the sock was in there also.

I decided it was just fate. It was two pairs of pants. Then i remember Eddie Bauer was having a sale. Even though i said i wasn't going to buy more clothes, i do need jeans. so i ordered two pair - in two sizes. One of the pairs i left behind was for my fatty feeling days.

I hated having to do it. Well this morning went out to eat. Afterwards i said - what the heck - drive back to the laundromat. They could still be there. There is a nice lady attendant during the day. And what do you know she had my pants nicely folded and even the missing sock. I was so happy. I"m going to have to take her a little gift.

I came home, got on the phone and canceled my pants order. So glad i was able to stick to my no clothes buying.

What a relief. Sun and favorite pants and socks back at home.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good afternoon all,

I had body aches, headache, running nose and exhaustion yesterday....I mega dosed Vit C and used OTC's....put myself to sleep with Benadryl and feel lots better today. Changed and cleaned the bed, it had to be germy.
It rained and iced last evening, the roads were horrible and but have improved some by now. It just started spitting snow....I am oh so over this weather.

CG, I fixed potato soup and cheese bread last night for supper at dads, DD took some to work for her lunch today and I left a jar for dad's lunch. He eats soup for lunch a lot.
Tonight making chicken nuggets, mashed potatoes, slaw and fruit salad for dad, for the rest of us, a big salad with chicken on it.. artichoke hearts, corn and black bean salsa, pepitas, and etc.
I am trying to make menus with stuff I have and hopefully put off grocery shopping until Saturday. The trick is making stuff that dad will eat.
I cleaned the pantry, I am amazed at the stuff I have left...no more buying stuff "because it sounds good". I also need to stop buying stuff for single use recipes and then not ever making it again.

JCKitty
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good afternoon all.

I did not sleep well last night. I felt a headache coming on when I went to bed and should have taken two aspirin but I didn’t so only slept half the night. But I just got up from a nap and feel better.

I didn’t accomplish much today. Laundry, a few other chores and some phone calls were about it.

Tonight is the annual meeting of my homeowners association. I don’t feel like going and it is supposed to rain. But I’ll go to support my neighbor who cares for Pippi when I’m away. She is on the board. I usually walk but will drive if the weather looks threatening.

That’s all for me. I’m hoping for an early evening.
Last edited by floridacatlover on Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Hey Logics,

Are you worried about blinking during your eye surgery? Don't. When I had my Lasik, they put some sort of brace in that prevented my eye from closing. My Mom goes in tomorrow for another eye surgery for Glaucoma. I wish you the best of luck.

Maggie
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Dgflorida wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:02 am Oh, so sorry to hear you took a fall, Janet. We all need to be more careful with each passing year.
Yes it was a surprise.. I am not sure what happened but a friend told me to use my cane in the house. I rarely do since it hinders what I am doing and my balance is usually ok when walking in the house. Outside and shopping is a different story. I have more of a balance problem if I am standing still. Besides I think falling forward like I did a cane would not have helped. Feeling the muscle pain all day but think with a nice bath, more aspirin, and a muscle relaxer things will be better tomorrow.
Janet Alliesmama