Valentines Day....Doing Anything Special???

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Valentines Day....Doing Anything Special???

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Jackielou wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:55 am Sounds lovely Christmas Trees.
Thanks Jackie...:)
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

colonialgirl wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:12 pm Jackie -
I never think of seafood as being anything but healthy. So I googled cholesterol in lobster and this is what I found:

Lobster may be slightly higher in cholesterol than shrimp, but to put this in perspective, according to the National Institutes of Health, a 3.5 ounce serving of lobster has 72mg of cholesterol, which is less than the same serving of chicken, containing 85mg of cholesterol.

So it looks like you wouldn't be worse off than eating chicken. Just use lemon juice and no butter.

Have you tried having oatmeal every morning for breakfast? When hubs did that he dropped his cholesterol 8 points in one month.
Awesome! Lucky enough to have a lobster once in a while, and I thought the cholesterol was much higher.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

colonialgirl wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:12 pm Jackie -
I never think of seafood as being anything but healthy. So I googled cholesterol in lobster and this is what I found:

Lobster may be slightly higher in cholesterol than shrimp, but to put this in perspective, according to the National Institutes of Health, a 3.5 ounce serving of lobster has 72mg of cholesterol, which is less than the same serving of chicken, containing 85mg of cholesterol.

So it looks like you wouldn't be worse off than eating chicken. Just use lemon juice and no butter.

Have you tried having oatmeal every morning for breakfast? When hubs did that he dropped his cholesterol 8 points in one month.
Most mornings I do have oatmeal for breakfast and my two snacks are either fruit or another low/no cholesterol item. I am beginning to like rice cakes. :D
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

I was feeling sick enough that I didn't want to think of Thursday as any special day, plus with my Celiac Disease, there's only 2 restaurants I can eat at without becoming ill, and one of those is expensive.

I cooked at home, though Dh did offer to take us out for dinner but I just didn't want it. We had beefsteaks, baked (jacket) potatoes, steamed zucchini, and sautéed mushrooms with sparkling apple-cranberry juice. The juice & mushrooms were our special “treats,” though my children were kind of hopped up on sugar anyhow, but Dh, who LOVES mushrooms, did notice.