Daily Check in Feb 19, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Feb 19, 2018

Post by mbrudnic » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:44 am

Good Morning,
We all seem to be sleepyheads.

mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check in Feb 19, 2018

Post by mbrudnic » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:50 am

If we are not sleepyheads, we are all running late.

Today is my Dad's 75th Birthday and Mom and Dad's 53rd anniversary. It is probably the first one in almost 22 years they have been in town for. Usually they are in Florida.

I have a bit of right-side sinus pressure again or still. I need to get my diet back under control. The scale is moving in the wrong direction. Maybe it is just water weight. I have not been careful with my salt lately.

Not much else new here.
Have a great day,
Maggie

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:31 am

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Count me as one of the sleepyheads Maggie. I was busy making coffee, cause I definitely needed a cup, even before turning on the computer.

Yesterday I needed to update my Windows and that took all day. Well at least from 7:44 am to 3:54 pm. I was using my phone to check things and that is not in the least fun. Fat fingers make mistakes when tapping on a fairly small screen.

Youngest DS headed out yesterday around 11. I packed a lovely goody bag for him and managed to empty a bit more of my fridge freezer at the same time. Of course it will eventually look like another use up challenge, but right now the darn thing is looking really good. Just a few mystery jars that I should pull out and figure out what they contain.

Did not get my laundry done yesterday, so will be doing so today. I did however manage to get a few items off my list of chores today, yesterday so things are working out pretty evenly.

Frugally speaking I have not been spending any cash, probably because my car was blocked in over the last little while. Still it adds a few more days to my no spend low spend challenge this month. I am slowly but surely using up cleaning supplies, and soon will have the under cupboard areas in both the kitchen and bathroom controlled. Really a person only needs a few cleaning supplies that actually work, ones that don't cost an arm and a leg either.

I haven't been walking the past couple of days and so need to get on that today. I can feel my bones getting softer (not really only in my head) and the weight I have managed to lose settling in once again. I really miss walking when I am unable to.

This afternoon I will once again be working on some hand quilting and this evening will be spent knitting on my cardigan (don't have much time left this month to get the cardigan completed). I will also work on the year long project of the temperature blanket...need to add the row for todays feels like temperature. Which by the way is back down to -36 C with lots of ice crystals in the air.

Supper tonight is going to be sweet and sour ribs, served with rice and asparagus (though that last item could change to sprouts).

Today I am grateful that youngest DS came for a visit, even though it was very short.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:37 am

Good Tuesday morning all,

I have gone for a walk with my neighbor and my knee held up better than some days. I wrapped it a bit tighter last night. I put the MSM cream on it when I got home, so it doesn't hurt a lot right now. Today, I need to go to Home Depot and buy some parts for my irrigation line. I just never seem to have what I need. Also work on leaves for the garden and a reconfiguration of the front garden bed. I saw a design online and think it will fit the area well.

Yesterday, I lucked out at save a lot and got 3 packages of discounted boneless steaks for $2.58/lb. I bought all 3 packages along with cucumbers at 58c each. I also got 3 lovely cauliflower for 99c each at the produce stand. We had cauliflower and cheese for dinner. Yum. I will steam another one for tonight. Meanwhile we will eat on the great big romaine lettuce I got a couple of days ago for 99c each. I love vegetables. Because we only eat meat/cheese and vegetables, we can eat as much as we want. Keto is for me.

It got pretty warm here yesterday, almost 90F and I did get a bit warm. Hubs said I am not in condition yet. Last year, it was warm in February and cold in March and rained every day in April. See if it is a repeat.

Today, I am grateful for the beautiful warm weather and my good health. Have a good day everyone.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:13 am

mbrudnic wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:50 am
If we are not sleepyheads, we are all running late.

Today is my Dad's 75th Birthday and Mom and Dad's 53rd anniversary. It is probably the first one in almost 22 years they have been in town for. Usually they are in Florida.

I have a bit of right-side sinus pressure again or still. I need to get my diet back under control. The scale is moving in the wrong direction. Maybe it is just water weight. I have not been careful with my salt lately.

Not much else new here.
Have a great day,
Maggie
Happy birthday to your Dad and congrats to your Mom and Dad.. Yikes I just realized am old enough to be your mother lol.
Janet Alliesmama

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:31 am

Good morning. It is cold and sunny however the bottom will be dropping out later today with snow and freezing rain..Feel sorry for the birds. I am glad I have been able to afford to buy them bird seed.. Spring is not too far off saw a flock of birds flying north this morning.

I almost have my craft room done. There are a few things that need to be sorted but I am going to put them in boxes and sort them in the evenings while watching TV in the Great room. I pulled some furniture out yesterday to vacuum the rug and to use my crevice tool around the baseboard and to vacuum the walls... The room has rarely been used so needs a deep cleaning as well. I have some of those slider things to put under furniture to make them easier to move. Also have a furniture jack. With the right things I can do a lot without helpers.

I have been cooking ahead so should not have to stop to cook much today. I made a spinach quiche yesterday and cornmeal muffins and I could them every meal and be happy. However tonight I will be making Thai peanut noodles (it is a kit) with free chicken. The chicken is from my gift box.

Yesterday on the news in St. Louis they were interviewing people who deal with keeping store parking lots and other big areas cleared from snow and ice. They are running out of salt and they said the crews are exhausted due to the frequent storms. Some stores no longer have salt for homeowners. It has been a tough winter but not as bad as where some of you ladies live.
Stay warm and safe all of you who are dealing with the cold and snow. .
Janet Alliesmama