Daily Check In March 1, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jckitty

Re: Daily Check In March 1, 2019

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

Had to set and get up with the alarm as the telephone repair tech is scheduled today between 8 and 5. I had considered doing the shopping and errands today but unless he gets here soon that plan is out the window.

I need to cook a good meal tonight as last night was take out pizza. It was okay....but going back to tried and true home style pizza from favorite place.
So cube steaks, mashed potatoes and gravy, breaded tomatoes, creamed peas(?) and salad.

I have my outside chores done, and curtains are all open, saw a coyote lurking behind a brush pile yesterday, fiancé said probably after any wild rabbits, squirrels or even my chickens for a meal. I will have to dispatch it if I see it. They will attack and eat dogs and cats if they get the chance, my area is having a lot of problems with them even in town. The local paper reported yesterday that 2 people in town have had their dogs attacked while on leashes as they were being walked.

Need to do the usual housework while waiting for telephone repair.
Off to read and then get busy again.
JCKitty
NoisyPorkchop

Post by NoisyPorkchop »

Good morning,
I haven't been in the forums for awhile; life has been a whirlwind of activity. Last I mentioned, my DSD26 was having problems with her pregnancy and was looking like they would have to take the baby early. Baby girl was supposed to be born March 11, instead she was introduced to the world on January 26. Being so early we suspected she would have medical issues, but instead, she has done remarkably well for such a little preemie. She has progressed right along and is cuter than a bugs ear (yes, I am biased :lol: ). There was a lot of adjustments for everyone; new Mom and Dad settling into family life as the baby has been home for just over two weeks. This has gotten us almost daily calls from new Mommy with baby-related questions "She just threw up everywhere, what do I do?!!" ;) so...been a little busy. But I never forgot about my fellow frugalites here and kept telling myself to get back to the forums so everyone knows I am still treading water in Frugalville!
Life really is going good right now, greatly in part to our frugal ways. We have been able to help out DSD26 with a little cash and gifts as she was no where near prepared enough for her unexpected maternity leave. Her employer really has given her a hard time on this and it has blew up in her face as to how much time she was expecting to have vs. how much she really got so money is terribly tight with them. Her Dad and I just look at each other and nod knowingly as this is the kind of stuff Life throws your way.
I am just getting ready for my morning before I head out the door for work. I wanted to touch base with all of you and let you know it has been a bumpy month or so but I think things are starting to smooth back out (as best as life will let you, lol) so everyone take care and frugal on!
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

NoisyPorkchop wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:58 am Good morning,
I haven't been in the forums for awhile; life has been a whirlwind of activity. Last I mentioned, my DSD26 was having problems with her pregnancy and was looking like they would have to take the baby early. Baby girl was supposed to be born March 11, instead she was introduced to the world on January 26. Being so early we suspected she would have medical issues, but instead, she has done remarkably well for such a little preemie. She has progressed right along and is cuter than a bugs ear (yes, I am biased :lol: ). There was a lot of adjustments for everyone; new Mom and Dad settling into family life as the baby has been home for just over two weeks. This has gotten us almost daily calls from new Mommy with baby-related questions "She just threw up everywhere, what do I do?!!" ;) so...been a little busy. But I never forgot about my fellow frugalites here and kept telling myself to get back to the forums so everyone knows I am still treading water in Frugalville!
Life really is going good right now, greatly in part to our frugal ways. We have been able to help out DSD26 with a little cash and gifts as she was no where near prepared enough for her unexpected maternity leave. Her employer really has given her a hard time on this and it has blew up in her face as to how much time she was expecting to have vs. how much she really got so money is terribly tight with them. Her Dad and I just look at each other and nod knowingly as this is the kind of stuff Life throws your way.
I am just getting ready for my morning before I head out the door for work. I wanted to touch base with all of you and let you know it has been a bumpy month or so but I think things are starting to smooth back out (as best as life will let you, lol) so everyone take care and frugal on!
Congratulations on the babies arrival.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good Friday morning,

Normally, I feel very positive every day, but I am gloomy today. It began when I walked over to visit my neighbor who had the back operation yesterday. The operation went well, but her attitude about her condition was very militant. And I left her feeling worried that she would try to do too much too soon and hurt herself. From the way her husband was attacking a tree stump in the yard, I may not have been the only one upset and concerned.Then the feeling morphed into my guilt about ordering the kitty cat to be put down. You always wonder if..... So I am a bit down today. Yesterday, hubs said we should get a gun because of the effort in Congress to prevent people from having guns. And then I had militant dreams that made no sense. The pretty little marsh wren who danced in front of the window this morning improved my mood a little, so I am hopeful I will feel better soon.

Yesterday, I picked up the material for the gingerbread on the front of the house. My neighbor with the truck was so nervous as if we were going to do something scary. She worried about everything. You know when you are around someone who is very nervous, you catch the feeling. I worked very hard to stay calm. I put a call into the handyman to tell him that part of the order had arrived.

Well, my walking buddy, the nervous neighbor, said eggs were 98c at Walmart. I was down to 2 eggs, so I jumped in the car and bought some. I did check with another neighbor who walks to see if the traffic on the main road had cleared. The past few days, it has been horrible. She said it was good. Since I was out, I stopped and got $2.99 beef roasts. Winn-Dixie has excellent meat and when it is on sale, I do buy.

Today, despite feeling down, I am grateful. Have a good day everyone.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ...
Cold, but sunny, so hoping for a nice day.

Good news on the cholestrol screening ... my numbers were better than last year's. A surprise, since some of my eating habits weren't as good as they should be. But a good motivator to do better.
(This is probably a good thing, as I am technically without health insurance today. Been approved for ACA, but am waiting on DH's ex-employer to cough up a document before I can finish enrollment.)

Otherwise, DH and I have a lunch date at a place we've been wanting to try. It's known for its stews, so should be interesting.

Jackie, DG, hope you both get to feeling better.
Porkchop, congrats on the baby! Glad the little one is doing well, and glad you can help out the little family.
Kitty ... we've seen coyotes walking up the middle of our street, but no attacks. Though some of the neighbors let their cats run around outside ... grr.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

NoisyPorkchop wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:58 am Good morning,
Congratulations on the baby!!!! That was really early. So very glad everyone is okay.