Daily Check in March 19, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in March 19, 2019

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning!
Yes, I am still around. Let's get this day started!
Dgflorida

Re: Daily Check in March 19, 2019

Post by Dgflorida »

Glad to see you back, Maggie. And starting us off.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Hey everyone,

I have been so... unmotivated the past several days. Thursday afternoon DS2 called me. he was driving on the highway and a gust of wind caught the hood of his car and lifted it up and into his windshield, shattering the windshield. He was ok, but the first words out of his mouth were "Mom, I am in panic mode right now." I was able to be a calming presence to him. I called my Dad. We both met him on the interstate. He took my car as he was on his way to the dress rehearsal of the high school musical he was hired to play in and Mom and Dad took me home. DS was planning to stay with me for the rest of his spring break weekend. His Dad, was of course, heading out of the country for business for the next week. He'd been driving the 200+ mile round trip all week since the high school was north of his College city. I sat at home both Friday night and all Day Saturday on the PC, accomplishing only 3 loads of laundry. Then Sunday I went with him for the 2:30 show, then we had a wonder Corned beef and Cabbage dinner at my brother and SIL's and then I dropped DS2 back of at OSU for the last 6 weeks of his freshman year.

Yesterday I spent all day putting my expense report together for my San Francisco trip then went to visit with DS1 and Family. DIL's grandfather passed away yesterday, so she was upset and trying to make plans to head out for the funeral. It is a 10 hr drive, but her parents are going to fly them. DS1 has classes scheduled and is trying o see if he can miss them. He does not get any paid time off.

But DS1 and DDIL have their fence up finally. The dog and the kids were running around in the back yard when I got there.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning everyone,

Yesterday I used up my last punch pass for cross country skiing. I’m glad I did as the snow is melting rapidly and the temperatures yesterday got above freezing. I put in about 15 km, enjoyed my home packed lunch and thermos of hot chocolate, and then went snowshoeing with the 55 Plus group. We went on the longest trail yet, which included some elevation to a Lookout. Needless to say, I called it an early night and fell asleep early. I am going to skip going to the gym with Dh this morning. Instead I’ll concentrate on house blessing and food prepping and will get in a bit of exercise in the afternoon with walking club.

I will also have to do at least a small grocery shop within the next two days. Perhaps I’ll do that after walking club. I have been able to figure out something for dinner with what we have on hand and it will use up the last remaining amount of veggies we have. No food waste for this week!

Have a wonderful day!
Creative
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Maggie I’m glad your son didn’t get hurt! There has been so much damaging weather lately !!
Creative
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good rainy Florida morning,

Today, I visit the dentist for a cleaning and x-rays. I have the x-rays less frequently than they recommend because I consider the recommendations to be excessive and x-rays are not good things for the body, in my opinion. But they do reveal decay that is not visible, but need to be treated. Also reveal bone loss. Since I have recently been diagnosed with osteopenia, it seems prudent to see if it is affecting my jaw. My primary care doctor just said take calcium which I already was doing. So I hope to find a more caring doctor. Meanwhile, I did some research that suggested vitamin C and food help absorb calcium. So now I take a OTC calcium tablet twice a day with food and C. Or as I say, a tomato a day keeps the bone pain away.

I will pick up hubs medication on the way home from the dentist. If I feel up to it, I may stop for some 99c on sale lettuce at Publix.

I got the new flower beds all mulched yesterday and got some volunteer Mexican sunflowers transplanted. The gentle rains today are good for them. I have the old flower beds to mulch. I have the non irrigated areas leaf covered and this week, hopefully, I can mulch them as well. Mulch makes the garden look tidy. Most of the beds will remain unplanted until I return from my trip when I add in irrigation lines. I don't want to ask too much of hubs. He can walk, but uneven ground could cause him to fall. So he can turn on the existing irrigation if needed and hand water the pots of to be planted plants that are sitting on the patio.

I didn't plant any vegetables this spring. Building new beds, raking leaves and mulching was all I could get done. The soil in Florida is generally not good and need lots of help to produce anything. An improved raised bed is healthier and produces without need of pesticides which I won't use.

Well, off to tidy up and go to the dentist. Wishing everyone a good day and good health.