Anyone have the carotid artery test?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
littlemiss63

Re: Anyone have the carotid artery test?

Post by littlemiss63 »

Quilter51 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:32 pm A carotid test is normally not an MRI, it is simply an ultrasound. You have warm gel. Need to hyperextend your neck a little and that's it. I also get regular thyroid ultra sounds so.its a regular thing for me one way or the other.
Quilter, I didn't make myself completely clear in my last post. You had mentioned having an MRI and I threw my experience in with the carotid test. There is a world of difference between the two procedures. I actually like having the warm gel moved around my neck it's almost like a mini massage. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Ah got it. I like the warm gel as well. I would need to be drugged to get into another brain mri............music and a face cloth just aint doing it.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

I had one about 5 years ago and it was normal and it was an ultrasound. I am scheduled for another one on April 2nd since my cholesterol and triglycerides are way up. I have had a reaction to 3 different kinds of statins and can no longer take them. My Dr said I am at a high risk to have a heart attack or a stroke and she wants to send me to a cardiologist to have some kind of injection that is like a statin but would last for 6 months. No thank you. What if I have a reaction to that and it is in my body for 6 months.
Janet Alliesmama
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Sounds like you are being smart, Janet. I am always uncomfortable with an injection of some foreign material. Of course, being "at risk" is no fun to carry around. But you have to make the best decision for yourself.