Daily Check In March 22, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jckitty

Re: Daily Check In March 22, 2019

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

FloridaCat, hope you feel better. I have been on a news fast for a long time. Dad runs that stuff all day long, I usually walk in, grab the remote and put on an oldies channel. He is in bed anyway resting so no big deal to him. I have also stopped any response to the brother or his Trumped Up family when they come in to dads and start spouting Cheeto Talk. It usually shuts them up. It is a daily battle for me too.

Yesterday at my DD dentist appointment as I was waiting in the waiting room one of the other patients was spouting off in a very loud voice, I buried my head in a magazine …..I wanted to respond so bad but it is not my dentist and I don't think they would have taken kindly to me causing a scene. I felt like a captive.

Today is sunny, but cold, curtains are open and I am trying to put a clean on this house. I am getting there but not a lot of oompff if you know what I mean, LOL.
Thinking baked cod, baked potatoes , salad and might make some jonny cakes.
Wood box is finally empty, plan to haul it to the garden shed tomorrow.
Off to see the wizard!!!
JCKitty
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good Morning Everyone,

Mother Nature has again sent us a beautiful Springy morning to enjoy. I slept in this morning after watching basketball games last night and I'm running late to have my finger pricked this morning on this stupid Warfarin blood thinner. They don't see anyone between 11-1 so I will be going this afternoon. I am hoping that today they will finally know the exact dosage I should be taking. I asked her last week about my own testing machine, so today I'm hopeful that the nurse will have all the information for me. I researched on the internet and it appears to me that Medicare and my supplemental insurance will pay for me one after 3 months of being on the Warfarin.

Florida, I switched between the Kentucky game and Florida game and I have to say that Florida was more exciting as it was closer. I love to see Kentucky get that far ahead as a fan, but just to watch it's not exciting. Congratulations on the first win.

Like many of you I can't stand to watch the news anymore on a regular basis. I have an app on Roku where I can see a local station and sometimes I will tune in at 6:00 or 10:00 to just see what is going on locally. I found it was getting to be real depressing and my mental state is a whole lot better since I don't hear it daily. I've always liked to keep up with world events so now feel that I'm probably missing out on some things I should know. However, someone will call me or I will see a headline on the internet so maybe I am not missing much.

I don't have a lot planned today for household chores as I have stuck to my schedule of daily and zone cleaning this week, plus doing a little extra. Sunshine energizes me and I'm like the little Energizer Bunny, I just keep going, going and going. I do want to change out my St. Patrick decorations for Easter ones.

I had a busy day yesterday and didn't want to fix dinner, so broke my vow of not eating out for 6 months. Went to a little Mom & Pop restaurant not far from my house where I thought I could get just a vegetable plate. They have changed owners as well as their menus and only serve certain foods on a certain day. Thursday was Chicken and Dumplings and three vegetables. I took one bite of the Chicken and Dumplings and they were so salty I couldn't eat another bite. I paid $12.50 for about a 1/2 cup of coleslaw, mashed potatoes, pinto beans and water, which included a tip for the waitress who was very nice. However, that will be my last visit, I will cook at home from now on as my food can be seasoned for my dietary needs. I think the last time I ate there you could get 4 vegetables for around $6.99. I am going to keep a watch for I don't believe that they will remain in business with the food not being any better than what it is, limited menu and the higher prices. You don't mind paying a higher price if the food is outstanding.

Everyone have a great day.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I have a little more time this morning than I thought. My pick up time is 7:30 to 7:45 not 7 am I should have looked at my notebook last night.

I have 3 projects on my needles, a penguin, a vacuum cleaner, and Paddington Bear. I switch back and forth sometimes one hurts my hands. I have more problems purling than knitting.

Update my Dr’s appointment went well come back next year.

I am tired, I got home about 11:15 am. I forgot to put the garbage out so I took it out to the dumpster, I saw the mailman leave so I went and checked my mail.

Penny
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

clemencia2us wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:28 am Hope you feel better Florida Cat Lover. I sometimes wake up feeling that way.

This morning i was thinking sometimes i think too much? See more thinking

So i THINK i must take after my father. He could sit and contemplate life and read for hours. My mom liked to be out and about like her side of the family. I see these people that do that - older than me and with many ailments, and i wonder how they do it or WHY? Why not stay home and relax? Are they trying to get away from something? See more thinking.

Like my constantly weed pulling/ window washing sister. Is it a way to escape?
Clem your parents sound like mine.. My Dad was the silent thinking type of person and my Mom always had to be involved with something. My Dad use to say Mom would go to the opening of a can of sardines..lol. I am like my Dad. My sister was like your Mom and mine. I think some people do not want to be alone and cannot be alone. For some reason they cannot entertain themselves. I like being alone and enjoy my own company. Some people do not know how to do that so they rely on others to do it for them.
Janet Alliesmama
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I just read the news articles on the local tv station's websites and still listen to Morning Edition on the NPR station. That is all the news I can stomach.

Had a busy day. Still teaching my very pregnant co-worker how to drive. Today she did a lot of highway driving and did fine. Had she not gotten tired, I think she could have taken and passed the road test today..

DH is sick with a bad cold and pinkeye, so we both took naps in the den this afternoon. I am going to hang around the house and clean this weekend and try to catch up on rest.
Mackie
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

I am still trying to get my mojo working. I can do one or two things a day and then I'm tired. I have been taking some diabetes classes. Then I go play cards. I bowl, I sometimes work, I watch old TV shows, I read, I do some crafts, try to keep up the house. There are not enough hours in the day, or days in the week to do everything I want to do. How in the heck did I find time to hold down a full time job and raise kids? I guess I have just slowed down a lot. At age 68 I am certainly no spring chicken but there is so much I need to do and want to do. I was really hoping the adage of "retirement is so busy you wonder how you had time to work" was a myth. But it isn't. I'm glad I am busy, I just wish I could do everything faster. This weekend I will focus on the house. I got a message telling me my new refrigerator would not be in until April 5th. I am in use-it-up mode. I need to work on cooking and my diet. All that takes time but needs to be done. I need to organize my time better. I have a few days where there is nothing going on that I know of so maybe I can get some things done around here. But if I get an invite to go play guess which I will choose? :lol:

Bev