Daily Check in April 12, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in April 12, 2019

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning Friends,

Rainy and Windy here this morning. Glad to be safe at home. I enjoyed DS2's concert last night. It lasted about an hour, so I was home by 10:30.

Today is my eldest's 24th birthday. We are celebrating tomorrow with a cookout at my parent's. He will be finishing up his Saturday class near here. I will help with swim lessons again tomorrow, I think. This time I get to watch DGS1 again.

Not much else to report. It is laundry day. And I need to study. Time to pull up practice tests and figuring out what I need to concentrate my study on.

Have a great day,
Maggie

LogicsHere

Re: Daily Check in April 12, 2019

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Temperature supposed to be mild, mid 50s and rain later this evening. Today is laundry day which I will be starting shortly. I also have to run a few errands this morning.

This week started out as a very stressful week. My niece was terminated last Friday by a relatively new office manager who not only fired 6 others in the 6-7 weeks she's been there but falsely accused my niece of stealing a tube of medicine not only from a cabinet for which she has no key but when she was out on personal time off. She tried to talk to one of the bosses, but he "had no time for her". The others (2) left on their own because they weren't going to put up with the manager's garbage, 1 girl was let go because she couldn't spell a word, and 1 girl was let go for eating 3 doughnuts. That's Florida, employment at will, they don't even need a valid reason to terminate one there.

Good news, however, she managed to get an interview this Tuesday and was hired by them the next day. She'll be back doing not only phlebotmy which she was doing and likes, but she'll be back in the role of medical assistant for which she went to school.

I also had the laser surgery on Wednesday on my left eye. I wouldn't say it was a worst case scenario procedure, but it wasn't pleasant either. Despite the numbing drops, you could still feel a certain amount of pain that was uncomfortable. Right now I am still recouperating from it and while the blurriness and the feeling like I have a marble in the eye socket has subsided my sight has "darkened" slightly. It's easy enough to tell because white now looks gray to me with that eye. According to them, that's normal due to the pupil still being constricted. I've read about this and it could take as much as 72 hours to 3 weeks but there are also incidences where the time was past and the darkened vision remained.

I do know, however, that I'm not going to do it on my good eye right now. I cannot take a chance that I experience a similar loss/change of vision and it not change. I also read that for this type of condition, cataract surgery is also a good solution so I will wait until I absolutely have to. It was the possibility of cataract surgery that my optometrist was originally concerned about. Fortunately I am not having any difficulty with cataracts currently. I was told I had one starting but it has not progressed much at all. And just because one has this condition (narrow or closed angles) there is NO way of knowing for certain if one will experience one of these attacks. All I know is that with my right eye being virtually my independence, I need to keep it a little bit longer. I will go back every 3 months to have the pressure taken if I have to, but 72 is way too young to experience even a slight change in vision in my only truly functioning eye.

Well going to go and get my clothes ready to take to the laundry room. Have a great day everyone.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

LogicsHere wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:51 am
Good morning all.

Temperature supposed to be mild, mid 50s and rain later this evening. Today is laundry day which I will be starting shortly. I also have to run a few errands this morning.

This week started out as a very stressful week. My niece was terminated last Friday by a relatively new office manager who not only fired 6 others in the 6-7 weeks she's been there but falsely accused my niece of stealing a tube of medicine not only from a cabinet for which she has no key but when she was out on personal time off. She tried to talk to one of the bosses, but he "had no time for her". The others (2) left on their own because they weren't going to put up with the manager's garbage, 1 girl was let go because she couldn't spell a word, and 1 girl was let go for eating 3 doughnuts. That's Florida, employment at will, they don't even need a valid reason to terminate one there.

Good news, however, she managed to get an interview this Tuesday and was hired by them the next day. She'll be back doing not only phlebotmy which she was doing and likes, but she'll be back in the role of medical assistant for which she went to school.

I also had the laser surgery on Wednesday on my left eye. I wouldn't say it was a worst case scenario procedure, but it wasn't pleasant either. Despite the numbing drops, you could still feel a certain amount of pain that was uncomfortable. Right now I am still recouperating from it and while the blurriness and the feeling like I have a marble in the eye socket has subsided my sight has "darkened" slightly. It's easy enough to tell because white now looks gray to me with that eye. According to them, that's normal due to the pupil still being constricted. I've read about this and it could take as much as 72 hours to 3 weeks but there are also incidences where the time was past and the darkened vision remained.

I do know, however, that I'm not going to do it on my good eye right now. I cannot take a chance that I experience a similar loss/change of vision and it not change. I also read that for this type of condition, cataract surgery is also a good solution so I will wait until I absolutely have to. It was the possibility of cataract surgery that my optometrist was originally concerned about. Fortunately I am not having any difficulty with cataracts currently. I was told I had one starting but it has not progressed much at all. And just because one has this condition (narrow or closed angles) there is NO way of knowing for certain if one will experience one of these attacks. All I know is that with my right eye being virtually my independence, I need to keep it a little bit longer. I will go back every 3 months to have the pressure taken if I have to, but 72 is way too young to experience even a slight change in vision in my only truly functioning eye.

Well going to go and get my clothes ready to take to the laundry room. Have a great day everyone.
Logic's Sorry to hear about your eye surgery being so uncomfortable. I do hope and pray that your vision clears up like it should. I am with you if you do not need the other eye worked on wait as long as you can.

Sorry to hear about the jerk your niece had as a manager.. Some people let a little bit of power go to their heads. Glad she was able to find a new job so quickly.
Janet Alliesmama

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

mbrudnic wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:25 am
Good Morning Friends,

Rainy and Windy here this morning. Glad to be safe at home. I enjoyed DS2's concert last night. It lasted about an hour, so I was home by 10:30.

Today is my eldest's 24th birthday. We are celebrating tomorrow with a cookout at my parent's. He will be finishing up his Saturday class near here. I will help with swim lessons again tomorrow, I think. This time I get to watch DGS1 again.

Not much else to report. It is laundry day. And I need to study. Time to pull up practice tests and figuring out what I need to concentrate my study on.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Maggie happy birthday to your DS and to you too. Wow time does fly. Now he is a grown up with two little boys of his own.. Enjoy your day with your parents, him, and your grandson's.
Janet Alliesmama

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. We have had a change in weather due to the weather front that moved in overnight with rain and thunderstorms. It had been in the 70's but now (40 F ) ( 4 C) with a wind chill of( 34 F) ( 1 C). I need to go out and check my roof lines due to the winds were pretty high yesterday up to 45 mph. I already have roof damage but need to check to see if I need someone to come out and put a tarp over things while I wait for my brother to find a good company to do the roof repairs. I have already received a check from my insurance company to replace the current roof.

Not much planned other than cooking. My ALS is acting up and I kept loosing my balance yesterday. I am going to try to cook ahead so that I can take it easy over the week-end and just heat and eat or something easy to grab.

Have a good and frugal day.
Janet Alliesmama

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

LogicsHere wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:51 am
Good morning all.

Sorry about the pain during eye surgery. I will keep you in my prayers that the darkened vision disappears.