Daily Check In April 13th

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
rinty

Daily Check In April 13th

Post by rinty »

Week 2 of the Easter Holidays begins !

Firstly, Logics, hope you feel much better soon and that you have access to good support and after care that can answer all your worries. (((hugs)))

Child free until mid week. The weather looks fabulous. All shopping done and the food prep for the next couple of days is going to be nuthin more complicated than soup and salads.

I have nearly 200 easter eggs to fill for the easter egg hunt ( DS and 8 DGKs ) We stagger them, the youngest go out first. As a cute photo op , then the older ones charge out. I think I have enough mini eggs to fill them with. I think in the States you also use jelly beans ? A British child wouldn't thank you for that, chocolate or nuthin'.

All apptments booked, some done already. I would like to do schoolwork today and give the house a going over.

We are going to be buying a new tumble dryer. We managed without for 6 weeks and have decided to get a new one............hang my green credentials, those things are USEFUL.

Ideally in the garden too, but I am not BUYING anything just tidying up, there are already polyanthus and spring bulbs out there.

Saw on a British blog that they've got more good stuff at a car boot sale ???? How is it done ??? She did say the seller wasn't impressed with the sale. DH is determined he could find allotment " stuff" so we may well give it one last try...........

We have homemade easter rocky road to pick on.......I wouldn't make it again, its so sweet, it makes your teeth itch ;) The DGKs made it with smarties, crème eggs, choc eggs. Good photo op though ;)

DH has succumbed to my heavy cold and is NOT WELL. I decamped to Bedroom 2. Bless.

10am so off to get started. Laundry, already got a line full, then purging . Goal for the holiday is 10 big bags to LEAVE the house.

For fun, I have been phaffing around with ideas for the easter table. I have lots of pastel side plated and bread and butter square plates with soft florals. I am going sensible and using white paper tablecloths.

Have a nice weekend all, Stay well.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In April 13th

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Rinty, perhaps the blogger gets to the boot sales as soon as they open and gets first choice of the "good" stuff?

Woke up to a rather large hair ball the cat conveniently coughed up on the floor in the middle of the kitchen. Not my favourite thing to have to clean up first thing in the morning. At least it wasn't cat barf, which is my least favourite thing to clean up
when I wake up and have not had coffee.

Sunny, but cold here. The temperature does not seem to be rising very quickly. I think Mother Nature is undergoing a bit of stress/depression and can't make up her mind. I do hope it warms up enough in the coming week to get some clean up of the yard done and a trip to the landfill is in order as well.

Not that much on the to do list today, so I actually think that perhaps I can finish off the quilt this morning, mount some cross stitch (needs some pressing first) and perhaps alter the skirts today. Nothing feels as good to me as getting things crossed off my goal list. I guess it makes me feel like I have accomplished a few things other than cleaning house. To make matters even better, I should be finished the prayer shawl by tomorrow and can go back to working on my cardigan or making those knitted squares to use up the small leftover balls of yarn. I may (notice "may") manage to get more of the goals list done than I thought.

I plan on doing some of Monday's usual chores on Sunday after Palm Sunday Mass. There are a few things that I can leave until Tuesday, but washing clothes is not one of them. Hanging delicates may even get washed tonight so they are dry by tomorrow. It still is not warm enough to hang things of any weight what so ever on my outdoor lines, but I may be able to wash/wipe those lines down at some point today. I also need to find my clothes pins, I have no idea where Hubby put them!

There will be no spending today, and all meals will be made here at home with items on hand. I think that I will make some cream of celery soup for supper along with egg salad sandwiches. I kind of over bought eggs. I forgot that we no longer colour eggs for little ones, and they were on sale...….. Times like this I wish we had grandchildren.

I might take advantage of the no wind this morning and even though it is cold out take my walk outside instead of on the treadmill. Then again I can always take a walk later in the day and get a double work out. While I did lose a pound over the last two weeks to meet my goal I need to step it up a bit.

Now as I said supper tonight will be soup of some kind, but definitely egg salad sandwiches.

Today I am grateful for another sunny day. I love seeing the sun shine move up the hills on the far side of the valley.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Littlemiss, I hope your surgery went well and you are on the mend.
Jackie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning all.

Rinty, your Easter preparations sound wonderful. Lots of fun.

I’m feeling upbeat today myself. Slept well. Some nights I seem to sleep well but don’t feel rested but today is different.

I’ll probably go to mom’s house. It has turned pretty hot here but I’ll probably work a bit in the back yard and see what else I can do in the garage. It is not TOO bad now. Yesterday I did very little there except cleanup in the front garden.

My friend and I decided on a date in later April to see Mamma Mia in the park and we bought the tickets. I had a coupon for a $2 discount per ticket. It is in the evening and she will drive.

If I get ambitious I’ll go to Home Depot to look for some flowering plants for both my house and mom’s house. I believe I still have a $25 gift card and a $10 gift card. I may need a bag of potting soil for my house. Pretty sure there is a bag at mom’s house but I’ll check today.

I found a set of stainless flatware mom had stored away. Not all pieces are there. I’ll bring it to my house and put it in the dishwasher to sterilize it. (It was in a box in the garage.) No dishwasher at mom’s house.

Have a good day.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ....

Cool but sunny. More rain headed in tonight.

Rinty, I had to look up "smarties." Sounds like they're similar to our M&Ms ... chocolate covered by a candy shell. Here, Smarties are a tablet-like candy ... maybe more the texture of a mint ... that comes in different flavors. (So I learned something to day ... thanks!)

Anyway, state income taxes were filed yesterday, so that's all done for the year, thank heavens.

Today is opening day for the baseball league. Since DH is stuck working, I was recruited to go out and take photos for the league website and Facebook. Which means I'd better go get ready, since finding a parking place can be a hassle.

Logics, hang in there. Hoping all has gone well for LittleMiss.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

LWolfT wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:48 am Good morning ....

Cool but sunny. More rain headed in tonight.

Rinty, I had to look up "smarties." Sounds like they're similar to our M&Ms ... chocolate covered by a candy shell. Here, Smarties are a tablet-like candy ... maybe more the texture of a mint ... that comes in different flavors. (So I learned something to day ... thanks!)

Anyway, state income taxes were filed yesterday, so that's all done for the year, thank heavens.

Today is opening day for the baseball league. Since DH is stuck working, I was recruited to go out and take photos for the league website and Facebook. Which means I'd better go get ready, since finding a parking place can be a hassle.

Logics, hang in there. Hoping all has gone well for LittleMiss.
In Canada what you in the U.S. call smarties we call rockets. Our smarties are just like the UK's. M&M's are similar but they are rounder and the shell is harder. The chocolate in both is slightly different as well. Smarties do melt in the hand. :D
Jackie