Trying to think of two former (?) board members...

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
BevMoore

Re: Trying to think of two former (?) board members...

Post by BevMoore »

Her posts were interesting to say the least. And how about this secret forum she was on but couldn't tell anyone what it was?

Bev
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Long ago when I just lurking I read a lot of Michelle Carrs post, I seriously worried about her and her health. I just felt so bad for her because I remember her talking about having to come down the stairways on her rear end one step at a time.

Then she started posting about all of this very hard physical work she was doing and I didn't know what to think so I quit reading the forums for awhile...I missed the rice cooker fracas.

Rossco seemed so out there I just felt she was not trustworthy. Made for some interesting reading, but she came across as kinda mean.

I miss Patti.
JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

i remember the raspberry bushes!

I thought who needs that many? That is a farm type planting
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

My thing with Michelle Carr was that she was the wife of a government employee sent to germany (and to be clear there are some perks with that, not the least of which is that you can drive to france or holland or whatever in a day, man), or a contractor, Im not sure which. Yet she spent inordinate amounts of time dissing (in loud and unkind fashion) the work ethic of all of those around her as well as all the hardworking military folks he (and she) were there to serve and support.

I do remember once that she said that all the people (military and civlian who had chosen to come to Germany) did it for a European vacation. I worked full time and my husband often worked ten hour days, so no vacation. But yea, we came to germany so we could see it on the weekends and holidays. What was bad about that I was never sure.

Roscco was a little wierd. And yea, that secret, double secret forum always sounded odd, you know.
randamax

Post by randamax »

colonialgirl wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:06 pm Randamax -
You don't mean you doubted the stories of buying 20 crates of mixed out of season vegetables for $3.00 and then turning around and reselling them to her friends for enough money to pay their rent for 2 months? How suspicious of you! haha.

She was a dandy. Being incredibly naive, I always bought the first few stories as being true. I always take people at face value. But after post after post of totally incredulous stories, I eventually would catch on. I remember Michelle Carr would post one day that she was bed fast with some super serious ailment (sorry I can't remember what) and the the next day post about how she got up and planted 239 raspberry bushes in one day. Huh?
Oh my gosh, that's it exactly!! With both of them! I was always scratching my head thinking, do you really expect us all to believe these wild stories?! I mean, I can - and do - do a lot of things, but come on...REALLY? Even I hang up my Super Woman cape from time to time! Hehehe.

Reselling all of those things to her 'friends'. Whatever. A real friend would have said 'Hey, I know where you can buy this stuff real cheap!', but no - go ahead and make a living off them. Some friend you are. Glad we were never friends! LOL

And Michelle. Wow. That's another story. I don't think I've ever heard of anyone who owned as many linens as she said she did. And they were all perfect. And antique! And cleaned and ironed - at all times, just in case. Reading her posts just exhausted me. I remember one time she posted that she and her DH were adding animal husbandry to their already long list of things they were out to master. I think that was the last straw for me. It occurred to me that, if she really did all of the things she said she did, she would make Martha Stewart blush.
randamax

Post by randamax »

BevMoore wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:33 pm Her posts were interesting to say the least. And how about this secret forum she was on but couldn't tell anyone what it was?

Bev
Oh yeah! I totally forgot about the super secret forum! Hilarious. Oh man,the good old days!