Daily Check-In, Tuesday April 16, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check-In, Tuesday April 16, 2019

Post by mbrudnic »

Hello everyone,

I was able to go to a support group meeting last night. It did me wonders. Then I got a message. My aunt S is going to drive me to the airport on Saturday.

I managed to get more studying completed. More to do. Feeling a bit more confident.

Have a great evening.
Maggie
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

*** this was supposed to be a reply to Janet's post that mentioned Notre Dame, but I messed up including her comments ****

My kids were all curious so I took out my pics from the 80s and 90s trips to France. Good pics in the 90s, my cousin married a professional photographer, he was a big help. So, they got to see the "before."

We were talking about how long reconstruction could take. There has to be documentation and footage of nearly every angle on that place, inside and out, so full restoration is a real possibility. We like documentaries about old-style hobbies (sword making - both Viking and Japanese :lol: , stone work, stained glass - which is really wild, learning about what additives create specific colors). We decided that a lot of university restoration and recreation of stuff in the 'original' style folks are about to be VERY busy.

Then DH and I were talking... if the fire was somehow related to the restoration work that was being done... that contractor 1) better have had insurance and 2) will never be able to GET insurance again.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Hello friends,

I have stayed home from Subbing for yet another day, though I did have the Sub hotline calling me this morning. Dd6 needed me to stay with her, and really I didn't want to go today either. ;)