Being selfish or surviving?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
gaylejackson2

Re: Being selfish or surviving?

Post by gaylejackson2 »

icfrugal1 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:32 pm Thank you so much for sharing !!! I'm trying to think of some words, but I can't .

What is gong to happen to the BIL's when she dies?

IC
I suspect the 2nd oldest bil will hustle oldest bil (who is also a senior citizen now) off to the nearest state-run home, he's mentioned it to us before, and he'll tell 3rd bil to leave- not sure where he'd go since most apartments won't even allow a dog let alone 8 cows. But MIl keeps hanging on, through all the times when we all thought she was dying so, perhaps we have a little time yet. I think that bil#2 gets the ranch, and I'm hoping that Mil also made provisions for Dbil#3 to stay there as long as he wants to-but I doubt she has done that.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Quilter51 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:46 pm I agree that he survived. The older I get, the more I realized exactly how blessed I am to have the family that I do (no one's family is perfect and we all have issues relating to siblings and parents and the like, I know that).
That's how I feel too. My sibling aren't that great, but they are definitely not the worst I've ever seen either.

Dh is always making pronouncements about my sisters and brothers, and I have to keep reminding myself of how he grew up (though sometimes I think i is right).
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:43 am I suspect the 2nd oldest bil will hustle oldest bil (who is also a senior citizen now) off to the nearest state-run home, he's mentioned it to us before, and he'll tell 3rd bil to leave- not sure where he'd go since most apartments won't even allow a dog let alone 8 cows. But MIl keeps hanging on, through all the times when we all thought she was dying so, perhaps we have a little time yet. I think that bil#2 gets the ranch, and I'm hoping that Mil also made provisions for Dbil#3 to stay there as long as he wants to-but I doubt she has done that.
My MIL is leaving the mobile home to son who has lived there for 20 plus years and the daughter who has been taking care of her, with the provision that the bills have to be paid, if son leaves, then the mobile home will be sold and the $$ split among the 6 remaining kids.

What MIL really wants is for her daughter to take care of everything and to take care of her brothers. Her daughter says that she won't do that, but we will see. I'm hoping that she walks away.

What a mess.

IC
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

icfrugal1 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:53 am My MIL is leaving the mobile home to son who has lived there for 20 plus years and the daughter who has been taking care of her, with the provision that the bills have to be paid, if son leaves, then the mobile home will be sold and the $$ split among the 6 remaining kids.

What MIL really wants is for her daughter to take care of everything and to take care of her brothers. Her daughter says that she won't do that, but we will see. I'm hoping that she walks away.

What a mess.

IC
I hope the daughter doesn't do it either. It's not fair to her to have to take care of her brothers' issues too.