Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
gaylejackson2

Re: Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Dh would like to win the lottery too... he talks (All The Time) about what he'd do if he ever won $15-100 million. I think it's a bad habit to get into, to dream of stuff like that... if it EVER happens, then dreaming can start.

I won a $10 gift certificate to a sporting goods store about 18 years ago, I got an old-fashioned oil lamp with hanger, and enough wicks to last forever. We still have the lamp & wicks.

I won a gift certificate at a Christmas work party, had a lovely massage.

I also won a paraffin wax hand/foot "bath" thingy. I might still have it, but don't know what to do with it. It might go to the thrift store, as I really want to rid myself of unnecessary items.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Hmmm.

We won 21k on a scratch ticket (which was banked until we had enough to pay off our house), 2 digital cameras, an ipod, a basket of specialty teas, a couple of books, and a basket of smelly bath items ( shower gels, soaps).
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Awesome win jackie!!!
randamax

Post by randamax »

Jackielou wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:03 pm Hmmm.

We won 21k on a scratch ticket (which was banked until we had enough to pay off our house)
WOW! Now THAT is a win! How exciting for you - I'll bet you were beside yourselves. I know I would have been!
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

randamax wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:17 am WOW! Now THAT is a win! How exciting for you - I'll bet you were beside yourselves. I know I would have been!
We were. Hubby made me sit down before showing me the ticket. The money was put into a GIC and used in about 5 years to pay off our home.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Wow Jackielou on that win! Never knew of anyone who won that kind of money.