Daily Check in April 17, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check in April 17, 2019

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning all.

LittleMiss, I’m thinking of you and you are in my prayers.

Today I’m planning to stay home and mostly work on organizing photos. This will be a LONG process. My friend visiting Romania emailed me the “story” she is writing for a local, free publication and I’m helping her with it. I had some questions she has now answered so I’ll incorporate them in the piece.

Yesterday I again got quite a bit done at mom’s house. I cut the back and side yards and then clipped more on the bougainvillea. The neighbor trimmed the gardenia for me even though I had not mentioned I was going to do it. He trimmed it last year so he knew that I want to keep it low to encourage more flowers.

Not much else. I love listening to the birds in the morning. They have not yet discovered the birdseed in the feeder on my privacy fence.

Have a good day.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

I agree Maggie, you will do fine.

Well good late morning all,

Up too early again, just could not lay there and fall back asleep.....trust me I wanted to but just could not.
Overcast but not cool. Nice work outside weather. Too bad I am so sore and tired LOL.
I have chicken breast thawing, will do chicken strips, mashed potatoes, deviled eggs and need to come up with a veg dad will eat. Salad and slaw will be offered also.

I need to wash walls in the kitchen tomorrow and go around the entire house checking for cob webs before cleaning and scrubbing floors. Found 2 ants in the kitchen yesterday, installed bait and hope it takes care of any issue before they get a good start coming in my house. Yuck!
Need to get busy so I don't "lock up" and spend too much time sitting.
Have a great day all,

JCKitty
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

No big plans for the day. I have a lot to do but plan to tackle it in 15 minute blocks.

I got a call letting me know that the state has received my application for the state to pay my Medicare Premium.

I checked on line and I do still qualify. So no real worries there.

Penny
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

OMG - I was sleeping so good this morning and then

I got a text. I figured it was just fedex or the bank sending out a notice - nope. My crazy MIL walking partner. it was 6:30! She leaves for work really early. So not sure if she was texting and driving or at work in the parking lot.

Had to do with our catfish friend. Well at least i got out of something. I was going to have to skip my weekly wednesday evening meeting. Gee - i guess i am a stick in the mud. But this other stuff is just so crazy. I say let catfish woman go and do what she wnats to do. Crazy MIL has told me new stories about her younger years. I am shocked. Both have issues. Crazy MIL has no contact with her kids. She blames in on the DILs, so that is why i call her Crazy MIL. But nope. She just involved them in her private life too much. Her lazy boyfriend. He is never going to change. Just go on with life

Now i'm wide awake but sure could use some sleep.

Have a great day :mrgreen:
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

good morning little miss!
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Morning everyone!! I realize this will offend a bunch of folks but dammit, no one should be able to travel to another state, walk into a gun store and walk out with a pump shot gun and ammunition-period. No one needs a pump shotgun (or many other kinds of guns) in the same damned day. I am not anti gun, or second amendment But the total unwillingness to use ANY common sense limitations the same as you would for owning or driving a car is destryong this country. Yesterday and today, every.single.school in the greater Denver area is closed. Because a crazy woman got on a plane, got off a plane, walked into the nearest gun shop, bought said gun and ammunition while smiling sweetly and walked out. If that is not the definition of insanity, I dont know what is.

Today is a little cooler. I am chilling this morning, while iron son's clothes for his interview and do a teeny bit of houseowrk before heading to knitting at one (he has lost so much weight that neither his blazer nor suit fit properly, something we just now realized. I'll have to re-measure him and start looking again. Hopefully the it company will appreiate his creased slacks and shirt even if the blazer hangs off him).

After knitting (from one to three or so) I'll go target and get at least three thousand steps in, and come home and do twenty minutes of weights.

I have to take my purple sweater down about a full inch, I'm hoping I can do so with no mistakes, since its only about two inches done, I may just start the darned thing all over for a simple misteake.

I've started reading Nevada barr because I needed a new author, not sure what I think.

Today Idont have to cook.